The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Theory Into Practice by Brad Henderson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I just completed this booklet by Brad... I believe he calls it lecture notes. It has more creative elements than many books three times its size.
Brad is an excellent writer & an amazing performer. This is the type of book that everyone who is considering "doing" magic should get... not the trick of the month books.
Brad shows you the inner workings of a performer. How he or she looks at their craft and their effects.
Brad has some powerful ideas & presentations that should get your creative juices boiling.
In it he uses a few effects to teach each step of his theory. Don't expect the latest ambitious card routine or some outstanding mental epic routine, but do expect ingenious thinking and thoughtful motivations for his effects.
Having said that, Brad does give a marvelous take on a drawing dupe routine and a hysterical routine using an 8 Ball.
He also gives some interesting ideas when doing a bill to impossible location.
Get this book and read it! If you want to know how a creative & successful performer thinks then get this book.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
stevesmagic
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of stevesmagic
Can you let me know where to get it or any more details so that I can do a uk search for it, thanks
to the blue sky at the top of the hill...
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Well, Brad is one of the members of the Café and is listed as truthteller... you can probably send him a PM and he'll give you the specifics.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
David de Leon
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
418 Posts

Profile of David de Leon
Another thread on this excellent book (including a link to where you can get it):

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=110
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Thanks guys.

Available at http://www.brad henderson.com /theory. HOWEVER I am about to print some more and offer a new special bonus deal. So check that out after Thanksgiving.

Brad
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
I get an error message on the links provided.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-11-22 22:01, truthteller wrote:
Thanks guys.

Available at http://www.brad henderson.com/theory. HOWEVER I am about to print some more and offer a new special bonus deal. So check that out after Thanksgiving.

Brad

Brad,

I got the following error message whrn accessing the link you provided:

Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 403
http://www.brad henderson.com
Fri 26 Nov 2004 07:15:49 PM CST
Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

Since you specoifically provided the link, I am assuming that there is a temporary server error. Anyway, it is now "after Thanksgiving", so what's up with the "special bonus deal"? (grin)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Hoggle
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Hoggle
I don't make purchases lightly. I just now heard of this and ordered it directly. I have The Satanic Book Test and have read Brad's reviews of products which are insightful and his years of experience show. I'd buy anything he puts out that applies to me (and in some cases even if it doesn't)
Merry Christmas
stevesmagic
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of stevesmagic
I've just had the same access forbidden message, can you let us know what's happening please Brad
to the blue sky at the top of the hill...
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1946 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Just a typo, try this:
www.bradhennderson.com/theory.htm
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Hi!

Thanks for the correction and the kind words. I was out of town and only got to the post today.

As to the bonus deal. I will be offering Theory into Practice, A Cure of Insomnia (my notes from the Mindvention lecture on scripting and other topics) and the Satanic Booktest as a package.

Normal retail: $95.
Special Offer: $85.Only 20 sets are available as the Bookest is almost out of print.

I will post the deal later this week. Books should be back fromt he printer on Friday and ready to ship Monday.

Posted: Dec 9, 2004 12:53am
Just FYI. The books are back from the printer and SHIPPING! Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Posted: Jan 2, 2005 7:27pm
My Mindvention notes are currently available along with a special offer for those interested in The Theory into Practice Books. The mindvention notes are available at:

http://www.bradheenderson.com/scripting.htm

Thanks for your support.

Brad
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
Folks, you must get these notes! I have yet to see a hands on workbook and in depth coverage of scripting and framing an effect. If you don't get these, you are passing on insight that will dramatically change your magic for the better....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Theory Into Practice by Brad Henderson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL