The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Nielsen Palming Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
I just bought several Nielsen Palming coins to work on some back palm multi coin productions. Man are these things sweet! I usually work with silver dollars, but these are sharply milled, and half the thickness, and they stick to the palm like glue. It's like warming up on deck with a weight on the end of the bat, stepping up to the plate and swinging without the weight. I could see how it would be easy to use these as a crutch and get sloppy. I'll have to limit their use to just the productions so I don't loose my ability to work with real silver dollars.

The one drawback is that they don't feature the silver dollar image, but rather, Norm Nielsen's smiling face. Does anybody make palming coins out of real silver dollars, i.e. grinding them down so that they are half-thickness, but one side still has the image?
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Thomas,
I'm sure one of the custom coin makers such as Todd or Jamie could make thin coins for you. The easiest would be to grind down one side to whatever thickness or thinness you want. It would be more costly to make a thin coin where both sides look normal. That would require making two thin coins and cementing them together and reedging them.
Juniper587
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Juniper587
Cloneman,

that's gonna be pretty hard to do unless your good at metal work. Is it close up that your using the coins for? If not nielsen coins are fine so I'm not sure what your worrying about

Sam
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Sasco coin magic does this with half dollars, but not with silver dollars that I know of.

FC
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8841 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes I've seen the half dollar shaved down version, and they actually suggested that some people actually glue a back and a front together to get one regular coin, thickness at little more than a playing card, supposedly. You get 5 coins I think, 3 faces, 2 backs..other sides are smoothed away to get the thinness you speak of here. Personally, I have some of the Neilsen coins and they are great...Not really such a big deal, if your magic with them is good. Specs don't really care. But good luck finding what you're looking for. Actually, I think you already have it. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8841 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Here's what I was talking about...Smile

http://www.mimesismagic.citymax.com/cata......#image_1
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Nielsen Palming Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL