The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Paul Harris Tricks (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
"Overkill" my top list!

Self-working but I changed my handling to make it more stronger! Smile

Best,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hey I love "Stapled"! The one where two stapled cards transpose between your hands and the spectators! I've used this alot, and it's not hard to execute.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
I have to say " SideWinder", still (for me...) one of Pauls best (ever) effects, not seen too often.(praise the gods)

SideWinder was the effect that got me into the Harris works back in the mid-80's.

Dave
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hey I love "Stapled"! The one where two stapled cards transpose between your hands and the spectators! I've used this alot, and it's not hard to execute.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MR2Guy
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville
179 Posts

Profile of MR2Guy
Don't overlook Bizarre Vanish, it has a tremendous impact on spectators, more so than Bizarre Twist IMNSHO.

Jason
Question every rule.
There are no absolutes.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
It is very difficult to choose one of his countless tricks...but I can name one that I LOVE!

DEEP ASTONISHMENT!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile

I have absolutely good reaction when I do it!!!
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
ragtop
View Profile
New user
california
58 Posts

Profile of ragtop
Solid deception gets my vote. I was able to witness this effect at a close up show performed by Paul in about 1976. He dropped the deck on the table with a thud....my jaw dropped......!!!!
pointStack
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of pointStack
Too many to mention....Overkill is a modern day classic. I enjoyed pushing decks of cards into bottles complete with the sealed case!
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
Bizzare Twist and Overkill for me. Galaxy is also very good as is Color Stunner.
magicman50
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of magicman50
Flap Jacks or by far may fav. is Gambler vs. Mentalist vs Magician or something totaly off beat is King Head Ache
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Deep Astonishment,using mnemonics handling.Makes it even stronger!
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
The Vacuum Cleaner Cards is an awesome trick, I have been using it for a while now, with all the patter as suggested (not normally one for stealing the patter, but when it comes down to Paul Harris, I can't help myself...Sorry Paul!), this is one funny routine.
I also do The Biological Shuffle, as taught in The Collected Almanac...I actually prefer this original routine to the revised one that appeared in AoA.
Free Flight has to be one of the best coin tricks of the last decade or two (when was it written?)...so many variations have been created by the masters, which means one of two things, either it is worthy of their attention, or it was so bad that they had to improve it...i say the first!
Owen
budzy
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of budzy
Double Back, whicj is found in CUF #1

Red deck is pulled from blue case...red card selected and red deck returned to case and when taken out its now blue. Spectators selected card is on top but is also blue this card is put back into the empty case and when taken out is now red.

WOW!!!!!
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Quote:
On 2004-12-30 10:15, msc455magic wrote:
Facelift... I use it all the time (go take a look at this one RIGHT NOW)
Reset...a nice packet trick and perhaps one of my top five packet tricks I do
Las Vegas Leaper... If you want to blow them out of their seats DO IT RIGHT NOW
Twisted Collectors... OK, but you have to watch your angles
Immaculate Connection... In which I need to spend more time on, otherwise an excellent effect
Cros Twist... Excellent, especially with a different colored stranger card
Overkill... Almost a self working miracle!
Paper Chase... Need more practice, but a good method
Night Shades... I carry it in my wallet all the time
Vanishing Deck (forgot which version, but the ungimmicked one in volume three I guess)... an impromptu miracle

and the list goes on...

How can I forget the invisible rising card? SHame on me. The patter in the book can be modified into an impromptu invisible deck patter!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
For me, the best Paul Harris card effects are:

The Anything Deck (KILLER)

Screwed Deck ($50 Marketed Version... Reactions all the way through.)

PH Breakthrough (Visual card deck through card case)

Bizarre Twist (Combined with Bizarre Vanish)

Improv Screwed Deck (When I don't have my gimmicked version)

Stretch (Deck and rubber band routine that is extremely visual)

Floating Deck (Although angle sensitive)

Reset (Fantastic)

Anyone else here use the gimmicked Screwed Deck? How about Anything Deck?
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
stuartjp
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of stuartjp
I like all pauls work.I really didn't appreciate his work until I purchased his stars of magic dvd, seeing him perform the effects in art of astonishment was amazin.I highly reccomend.
dazelle
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of dazelle
Wow Las Vegas leaper is amazing is presented right, I saw a street magician do it once as totally blew it :-(

I had forgot all about reset! good indeed
when i beat you at your own game, you'll have no place else to turn
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Isn't Deep Astonishment just an improvement on the Anything deck? Just asking, I have DA2 but never really looked through the Anything Deck.
dune
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dune
It must be 25 years or so since I first performed Flap Jacks at a company picnic and I still can hear a co-worker screaming when the Jacks made their appearance. She still reminds me of that and I'm sure that was the moment I realized I was hooked on this amazing craft.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
FlapJacks, man I forgot all about that. I use quite a bit of Paul's material. The ones I use most often are Reset, Whack Your Pack, Bizarre Twist. I've always wanted to sit and learn the original handling of Twilight.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Paul Harris Tricks (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL