The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Increasing power of Neo-Magnets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
Hey guys, I've just recieved my NdFEB magnets from Forcefield and so far, I'm liking them but they are a little bit too weak. I ordered two of those disc magnets and they come packaged stick to each other but with a piece of rubber in between them. Would it help to remove the 'rubber stuff' in the middle to increase the power so that both the magnets actually 'STICK' to each other? Does it even make ANY difference? Yup, sounds like a silly question but silly people have a mind of their own too. Smile

Thank you all.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
For some of the rare earth magnets, if you let them stick, you will have a devil of a time getting them apart. Try giving one a home on a steel flat washer, like a fender washer, and see if you get a bit more pull. Some times energy is an odd thing, it is sort of an inverse square for the distance to energy thing, the more reach you get (for the size) the weaker the field, the stronger the field, the shorter the reach.
While it is true that they are strong, it is still a bit size dependant. Depending on what you are asking it to do, you may need to go with a larger sized item.
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
phillys
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of phillys
Here's the 'technical' info of the magnet that I've bought:

2 x NdFeB disc, 1" dia X 1/4" thick 2-24

http://www.wondermagnets.com/cgi-bin/eda......gno=0001
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
Put the magnet in the freezer.. it can increase power... negligible though...
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Liquid Nitrogen Smile
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
MoonBeam
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of MoonBeam
Hi Phillys

Have a look at this helpfull info:
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.a......amp;SID=

Good luck

MoonBeam
Posted: Nov 29, 2004 9:46am
---------------------------------------------
Phillys

I'm not sure why the link will not copy in its entirely. It must have something to do with the currency.

If you go to http://www.leevalley.com then to your currency preference, then to hardware and finally magnets, you should be able to find the information.

MoonBeam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Increasing power of Neo-Magnets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL