The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fans of 'Lost'? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I did a search and was surprised to not find a thread in here on this great show. Anyone in here watch it? I am addicted. Great show, and it's NOT a reality show! Sweet!
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I love that show! I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. I just bought the complete series on DVD, as a matter of fact.

"Marshall, Will and Holly, on a routine expedition,
faced the greatest earthquake ever know . . ."

I'm a big fan of all of Sid & Marty Krofft's shows.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Scott, you are thinking of Land of the Lost. I am talking about the new show called Lost, which airs Wednesdays on ABC. It's the show about the survivors of a plane crash who are now stranded on a freaky island filled with creatures, strange animals, and all sorts of weirdness.

- Edwin Louis Cole
chajodawg
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of chajodawg
It's good, but if you want an EXCELLENT show check out J.J. Abrams' other show Alias. Alias is far better than lost, and coming this January, they will be back to back on Wednesday nights. I highly encourage anybody who is a fan of lost to try Alias.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Love 'em both. One thing I particularly like about Lost is that the cast is very multicultural, and not just because they dropped a couple of 'token' ethnic actors in after the show was a success like others have done. I thought the episode about Locke was one of the best pieces of writing for TV I have ever seen, and a few of the other episodes have been almost as good. Definitely a keeper!
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Lost is fantastic. Incredible. Freakin' awesome. And intelligent, too! Okay, well, kind of.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
New episode this week. Last week was no show due to the Tim McGraw concert. I am kind of hoping for a more sci-fi/creature based episode this week. There were a lot of weeks in a row of back-story for the characters, which are needed, but I feel should be interspersed with some encounters with wild boars, polar bears or other bizarre inhabitants of the island. The last episode was good because in addition to Sayid's back-story, we had an interesting situation unfolding with him meeting Danielle. And did anyone else notice the elephants trunk in that quick scene, or was I imagining things?

- Edwin Louis Cole
Piper1973
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Piper1973
HMMMMMM......missed the elephant's trunk.

Still, it is a good show. Very compelling to watch and well written. There is some cheesy dialogue though.

The stories are engaging, much like Alias.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
LOVE it. I think they are all dead though!

Ellen
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Lost is one of my favorite shows. The only part I don't like about it is that it's too slow. I enjoy shows with deep storylines, but with Lost, a show frequently goes like this:

A pregnant women wakes up screaming because she thought someone tried to hurt her baby, so some people try to find out what's happening.

*End of show* *Wait a week to see what will happen*

Lost has a great concept, but if they don't move the storyline along, a lot of viewers will lose interest.

Shane Wiker
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Ok...Ethan is that woman's son who kidnapped Said !

Ellen
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I thought that too Ellen. But I'm not sure now. I noticed that the husband of the patient who died in the hospital last week, looked an awful lot like Ethan. The woman who died in the hospital was pregnant, and now Claire, who is also pregnant, has been abducted by Ethan. Coincidence?

- Edwin Louis Cole
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Ewwww....the plot thickens.

Ellen
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Also a big fan of lost and wanted to give a shout out to the Sidd and Marty Kroft fan in this thread! Did anyone notice that the actor who plays Locke also played in the tv show Millenium staring Lance Henrickson?
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
And that the character's name is John Locke--a political philosopher who theorized about humans without organized government--"natural law."
chajodawg
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of chajodawg
Let me just take this opportunity to remind you guys that the other show written and directed by JJ Abrams, Alias, will now be on after Lost on wednesdays. I am telling you guys, Alias is a way better show than Lost, and if you guys like Abrams' other work, you can't go wrong. I notice a lot of similarities when I watch the two. Also, he tends to use the same actors. For example, the man who plays Locke on Lost was a recurring character on Alias in season 2. Also, some of you may remember the airplane pilot who was killed by the "creature" in episode 1...he is Weiss on Alias.

I can't wait for this back to back lineup! This is the first good scheduling move ABC has ever made with Alias...now some more people might watch it.
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Chajodawg, the actors were probably the producer's choice.

I dunno, Alias is so hyper-real. I, too, am a fan of the show, but I believe that Lost is better crafted, with better dialog and a more interesting storyline.
chajodawg
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of chajodawg
Prospero,

I agree, it probably was not Abrams' decision alone for the actors, although he is a producer and the creator of both series..so I am sure he has a lot of input Smile.

Also, to each his own, but you can't beat having them both back to back. I just hope more people will watch Alias now.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Anyone still watching???
I think they are PAWNS in a large game...
Ellen
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Still watching and thought this weeks episode was one of the best yet.
Did you give up on Carnivale? I hope not as its starting to get really good as well.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fans of 'Lost'? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL