The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sheherazade (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
725 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Just wondering if the props in Sheherazade can be made or do you have to look for had to find materials...thanks

Mike
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
HI Mike,

I do some of the routines out of the book. Well some things you can made yourself very easily, like the baby-routine where a baby cries on command.
I just bought a kind of baby born toy. I've put the baby in a baby sleeping bag, and down at the feet a reel is hidden, which I can launch by a remote control.

Some things you need to be a good craftsman. Some props have been on the market. Just look around.

What props and routines are you especially interested in?

regards

Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Mike,

Ask Bill Palmer, the translator of Sheherazade, and a frequent guest here at the Café.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
I got the special something for the ring box from Edmund scientific.
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
725 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I don't have the book yet...I want to know how easy it is to make the props or gimmicks..thanks

Mike
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
How can we answer your question when we do not know your skill level?
Personally I think all the props are relatively easy to make but then I am an Electro/mechanical design engineer by trade.
Some people would find building some of these props completely out of there range.
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1903 Posts

Profile of chmara
I have acquired the rights to manufacture some of the effects in Sheherazade from Borodin via an introduction from Bill Palmer. Ted Leslie was kind enough to release the effects as his schedule would not permit him to bring them together. They are under construction now that I have finished most of thge intense hard work on the Newe Amsterdam Tarocchi Diary which is being handled by Hocus-Pocus.com
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
What effects are you creating?
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
In the book "Sheherazade" there are two stories in which a spectator "burns his fingers"... (the ones who own the book will know the stories). Two create the effect a special "item" should be used, which is no longer available in America because it is poisonous (this is mentioned in the book). But there is a dealer in germany, who sells something which is called "Fliegende Hitze" (Flying Heat). If you are looking for a device to burn fingers, maybe you should check out this item. The website is http://www.stolina.de , the item can be found on the very first page. Price is 25 Euro (37 $).

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
Is this a safe way or is it the same thing that got - rightfully - forbidden elsewhere ?
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I´ve ordered this "thing" 3 weeks ago, and I´m still waiting for it. They told me, that they are waiting for themselves for this product. It should also include a description to "build the device". But as I said, I´m still waiting.

As soon as I have it, I give a review about what it is.

Magixx
Meng
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere in Germany I wrote
128 Posts

Profile of Meng
``Fliegende Hitze´´ is the old Hypno Heat. Its basic ingredient is Mercuric Chloride and it is highly toxic.
If you really want to use it, be careful!
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
OK. So this is no option. Are there viable alternatives to achieve this effect ? (I mean : not the "gum" type ?)
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Yes, has anybody any ideas?

And I have to call Stolina and ask them, why they sell this stuff!!!

Magixx
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Hi,
The stuff for this trick is very dangerous, but the late Eddie Joseph used it during his whole life. Billy McComb did it in his cabaret act until the "secret something" was not available anymore.

I never heared about a magician, who died of this stuff, but remember, that you do the routine on your own risk.

If you want to know more about the stuff PM me!

ESPecially and MAGICally

TED LESLEy
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
What "Meng" said, is absolutly true. In the instructions, they call the stuff "Hypno Heat". But what I don´t understand is, that they don´t say anything about the "real" dangers. The instructions simply say that you should wash your hands after the use. So please, if anybody has experience with "Hypno Heat", please let me know! Thanks!

Magixx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sheherazade (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL