The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Garden Gnomes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1933 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Since laughing at this story http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&am......how_dc_1 I've been kicking around the idea of Bizarre Magick with Garden Gnomes. They are quite creepy and have interesting legends about them http://www.nthposition.com/gnomeliberation.php
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
qurgh
View Profile
New user
Independence, KY
51 Posts

Profile of qurgh
LOL.

When I was a kid my brother had this big book of gnomes that told all kinds of stories about them. If your seriously looking into use gnomes then you may want to find this book. Unfortunatly I don't remember what it's exact title (maybe "The big book of Gnomes") but I have seen it recently so I know it's still in print. It's large book, about letter sized, just under an inch think and tends to be in hardback (although I have seen a paperback version). On the front cover are two drawnings of gnomes that look like those medical diagrams, with both a front and a back.

Sorry I can't give more info.

Chris
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
The book is just called "Gnomes", text by Wil Huygen and illustrated by Rien Poortvliet. It was originally published under the title leven en werken van de Kabouter. The English translation was first published in 1977. Peacock/Bantam put it out in paperback in North America around 1979.

Don't forget the great garden gnome in "Amelie". There was also a great line in an episode of the defunct show "Special Unit 2" when their vertically challenged colleague explained he robbed the houses of people with garden gnomes because "they're oppressing my people!" Smile
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Garden Gnomes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL