The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Disc Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7366 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Murray Sawchuck does a great cd theme act that has taken him around the world. Murray did compete at Boston, if I remember correctly.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I don't think so Richard. That was the year the Torkova won with his coin act. But, you are right Murray has a great act too.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7366 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It might have been Springfield. They all start to run together.

You are correct on Torkova winning in Boston. I am not sure which year as I have been to Boston several times.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
Torkova won SAM in 1995... same year some guy won IBM in Oakland by taking his clothes off.

Darren, At the risk of sounding close minded, most of the good stuff has been done with CD's. Danny Cole, I think has the best CD act out there, and he is doing the great logical ideas with CDs - music starting and stopping with CD produced, adding layers of music, etc... You would only be re-inventing the wheel. I don't think CD manipulation is gonna get you anywhere. But then again, I don't know your goals, so, maybe it's just for fun... good luck.
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
193 Posts

Profile of Torkova
Eric,

Good to see you buddy. Yes, it was Boston 1995. I'm sure glad we were competing on opposite sides of the country as I wouldn't have had a chance against you getting naked onstage!

Hey Michael, good to see you too. It's been a long time. Your CD act sounds very cool.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1739 Posts

Profile of wally
Has anyone used the zimmermans digital delusion.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22401 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-12-04 14:10, wally wrote:
Has anyone used the zimmermans digital delusion.

It takes so much work to master, that most beginners do not like to rehearse and practice a trick to master it to perfection, that is why I have never seen anyone perform it. Everyone today just like the instant self-working tricks.
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Quote:
Darren, At the risk of sounding close minded, most of the good stuff has been done with CD's. Danny Cole, I think has the best CD act out there, and he is doing the great logical ideas with CDs - music starting and stopping with CD produced, adding layers of music, etc... You would only be re-inventing the wheel. I don't think CD manipulation is gonna get you anywhere. But then again, I don't know your goals, so, maybe it's just for fun... good luck.

That is so defeatist it made me laugh.
Possibilities are only ever limited by the scope of your imagination.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Quote:
On 2004-11-26 13:36, maylor wrote:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions:

Kyle - Bang on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was diffinately looking for original - not seen before ideas, you've hit the nail on the head. It's too easy to take standard effects and stick with them.

I love those ideas- especially the bird idea - that is class! Original transition effects are something that I think can really make an act stand out! Nice one!

well I have never ever seen or read any thing about CD Manipulation so my Ideas are original with me.

Posted: Dec 5, 2005 1:22pm
Has danny cole improved since his apearance on that worlds greatest magicians show several years back--- cos that CD manip act he did there was terrible

those individual vanishes make me cringe and what does a chinese fan have to do with the CD's or the music
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
Yes, Danny Cole has improved his act a lot over the past few years. In my opinion, it's one of the best manipulation acts out there.
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
150 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
Any one seen the new dvd on CD manip from the evil MagicMakers?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5700 Posts

Profile of Regan
Tricks Company Japan used to manufactor the best set of color changing CDs I have found. Too bad they stopped making them. I wish I had bought a few extra sets before they halted production of their CDs.

:(

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22401 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
New video out showing the CD manipulation of"Showoff CD Maniplation" of Eddy Ray. This is all sleight of hand magic, showing vanishes, exchanges, apprearences of CD, plus small CD's to large CD's. This stuff is good magic.

Finally, someone giving some of the handling. Get it at http://www.stoners.com it is so new it is not on the web site yet so email or call to place an order. It is only $30.
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
I just bought the manipulation with CD's by Eddie Ray and have watched it last night. here are my thoughts;
Very well filmed, very good detail in explaining the moves and sleights, the special CD's that you can make up were very well covered, and I liked the easy going style of Eddie Ray.
This DVD covers basic palms, moves, productions, vanishes, changes, growing and shrinking CD's, and a very unique CD case that vanishes visably to change into a CD. This young man is very capable of teaching and is very well spoken, combined with very clear instructions and filming, this is an excellent DVD to learn from.
Now the only down side to me, and this is just my opinion, so it is neither right or wrong-but my opinion....I would have liked to see Eddie Ray perform his entire act as a lead in to the explainations. I have DVD's by others such as Shimada, General Grant, Romane, etc. and it is always good to see a full performance before the act is broken down and taught. Now even though that is my personal feeling, it does not really distract from the material taught here.
This DVD took a lot of time, and energy to do and you can plainly see that this young man has been doing this for some time. I was thrown by the yellow CD changing into a yellow silk and had to stop and go back on that one.
Congradulations to Eddie Ray on a job well done. I would give this a 9. I would have given it a 10 if the performance of the act would have been on it.
S.
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Thanks for the info steve, do you know if this DVD is multi-regional?

Many thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22401 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The supplier was contacted and said the CD will play in all countries!
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Many thanks - much appreciated!
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
I have had the pleasure of seeing most of the good CD acts out there. Murray, Danny Cole and Michael Bairefoot. In addition to seeing the shows, I am pretty good friends with them. I would have to agree with Eric that most of the good ideas are taken and you would just be reinventing the wheel. However if you are interested in purchasing an already successful CD manipulation act or portions of it, I have heard rumors that Michael Bairefoot may be releasing his award winning act. It is very fast passed, visual and entertaining. The color changes that he does are pretty awesome. Anyway, just some food for thought.

MDS
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22401 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I went ot Mihael Bairefoot site and their is no mention of a DVD on CD manipulation magic. So it must be in the very early stages of developement.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22401 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-12-12 13:02, Steve Oxford wrote:
I would give this a 9. I would have given it a 10 if the performance of the act would have been on it.
S.

This is the same complaint that members has mentioned about the Jeff McBride video's.

Previously, manipulation magic would be discribed here and there in a book, Usually as only a single item, so you would buy a whole book for the discription of one method.

Now, do to technology, you actually get to see and learn from a video, seeing how it should actually look when performed correctly. But the members still want Everythng given to them on a silver platter. So they do not have to be creative themselves and work on routining their own material.

This is called copying an act. If you want award winning material, you will just have to wait to see if the performer decides to part with is act he has worked so hard at creating.

I personally am still waiting to see if Mr. Electic will every give up the secrets to his light bulbs. I have been waiting over 40 years! So, I really don't think it is going to happen.

If you learn enough routines and practice, you will come up with items that will string together, making an act. It is not easy, but that is why Danny Cole and only a very few others have succeeded. They worked on it themselves!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Disc Manipulation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL