We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Another site » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Send me an evaluation copy and I will fairly rate it for you - I have read a lot of material so I can compare and put this to rest for the rest of these good people.

Quote:
As I posted to you on the other site, this isn't creating Derren clones. There are already more "Derren wannabees" than you can poke a big stick at (all Derren Brown wannabees, incidentally, are created by Derren Brown himself, so if you have any issues with this take it up with him).

No, it is worse, you are supplying people with the material to 'perform' Derren's effects, however you dress it up with your statements of how nothing is original anymore. If that is the case then refer people to the original texts that this material has come from, don't cash in on it yourself. That is just plain greed, now I have no problem with greed as I am pretty money orientated myself - but this takes the biscuit.

What next? Selling photocopies of others work as you can't be bothered to rewrite it yourself?

Quote:
The site is providing excellent quality products at a reasonable price to a willing market, instead of the overhyped, overpriced crap that magicians like suckering people into buying.

Yeah, right on! *** that Tarbell and Corinda for their ideas.

Quote:
There are plenty of people out there who recognise value for money and who want the "nuts & bolts," rather than paying one of the "established" writers $40 for 30 pages of drivel that isn't even useable.

I am not sure who you mean? Which writers are creating sub-standard work and selling it? Banachek? Osterlind? Ted Lesley? Barrie Richardson? Richard Busch?

Quote:
PS Don't ask everyone to only come back when they've created their own original thought & ideas, or there'll be no one here.

I didn't, just you.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3207 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I noticed the prices on the site are in pounds. I don’t have any experience internet shopping in currency other than US Dollars. How does that work exactly?

Also, sorry for interrupting the ongoing debate.

Thanks for the information,

Elliott
oxygen
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
186 Posts

Profile of oxygen
So, Salsa, did you get that evaluation copy???
Karswell
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Karswell
ElliotB – is this really a place to risk your hard earned cash? There are FAR more exciting projects and ideas available out there, with entirely original input from their authors you can trust. Consider and compare for value for money and quality you could have Pure Effect in hardback for that £30 and you could get soooo much more out of it.

By the sample pages this, at best, is simply derivative material David. I’m sorry that you have felt so ripped off by the world and that you have been unable to find anything worthy of you. Glad to see that all you have decided to do about it is to try and leech off Derren Brown.

Enough advertising for you.

Nick.
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Quote:
On 2004-11-25 16:16, Justlikethat wrote:

You get the point. There's really nothing new under the sun.

I think that you make a good observation,I see everyday how Professional Mentalists loved by every hobbyst publish stuff invented by other people and it's ok but when you see some unknown person doing the same thing many of you attack them saying that's wrong!

So many grovelers!

Regards
Justlikethat
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Justlikethat
Lets just break down what you're saying here Nick.
Quote:
On 2004-11-26 05:58, Nick Ridge wrote:
ElliotB – is this really a place to risk your hard earned cash?

There is no "Risk," people can see exactly what they're getting, and it reveals your infantile nature to use the word.

Quote:
Consider and compare for value for money and quality you could have Pure Effect in hardback for that £30 and you could get soooo much more out of it.

Depends what you want. If you want to know how to perform these effects my product offers better value for money - plenty of people from this site have bought it in the last couple of days, no one has compalined in the slightest.

Quote:
By the sample pages this, at best, is simply derivative material David. I’m sorry that you have felt so ripped off by the world and that you have been unable to find anything worthy of you. Glad to see that all you have decided to do about it is to try and leech off Derren Brown.

You haven't read it. If you had you'd know that there is original material, one effect is totally new & as far as I'm aware has never been conceived before. As I said earlier, there is nothing new under the sun and most magic is a rehash of something else.

My site offers 12 very powerful effects that require no props and are totally improptu for £19.99 - that's under £2 each. I think that's far better value than paying $15 a time from other sources for a single reworked effect.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2004-11-25 04:35, Wolflock wrote:
I agree.
Anyone who does it to impress girls or for money and fame, is doing this for the completely wrong reasons.

In your opinion, what are the right reasons?
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Nice question jimtron
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2004-11-27 13:04, Justlikethat wrote:
You haven't read it. If you had you'd know that there is original material, one effect is totally new & as far as I'm aware has never been conceived before.

David,

The only problem I have with it, and after all what does it matter to you if you are happy enough then so be it, you use another more succesful performer to sell your products. Then you come on here defending yourself by pretending to be a satisfied customer.

Not very professional, but hey you are getting some good publicity and sales so you shouldn't be complaining.
ralphgironda
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
Quote:
On 2004-11-25 04:14, Vraagaard wrote:
Well it might be good, but when it starts with "impress girls...." then I tend not to read any further.

wow you are a good mentalist! my thoughts exactly! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Another site » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL