The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Multiplying Billard balls for children (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
Quote:
On 2014-01-25 20:09, Dick Oslund wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-25 08:21, Kanawati wrote:
Dick, Thanks for letting us know about Clayton Rawson's routine. That does sound very entertaining! Jeff, Thanks for taking the time to write it up. As a kid I used to do the multiplying balls but it was strictly the basic 1-4 production and back then I didn't think (or know) about presentation or patter! As I got older my thinking on this trick never really progressed beyond the 1-4 production and for adults, at least, I didn't think it was magical enough. I was worried that adult audiences would be familiar with the trick - it's in so many magic kits. But that's another topic! Anyway, you've got me dusting off theses props again and seeing a new entertaining angle for kids:) John

THANKS! I would very much like to hear, after you've had an opportunity to try it out in front of an audience, HOW IT PLAYS!

"MY" 'SURROUNDED' HANDLING OF THE XXXING BALLS (SEE ABOVE POST)WOULD WORK IN THIS ROUTINE. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, PM ME.

Dick Oslund
Sneaky, underhanded, devious, and surreptitious itinerant mountebanc

I, for one, would love to hear more about your technique for handling the balls "surrounded," if that's something you feel like divulging here. Thanks,
Noland
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Noland! PM me, tell me a little about yourself. Age, experience, where you're from, etc. I'm a bit 'selective' about tipping what I call, the 'good stuff'! I've been at this for a long time, and I like to share with people who will appreciate!

O
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
My routine works with surprise...and what no shell.

Sometimes it's another ball..sometimes it's an oreo...
(which these days are a bit tricky, since I gave up eating cookies 8 + years ago)
I have two cookies, one I just produce. The 2nd I take a bite of and then poof...it is back on the cookie.
Wish making those 40 pounds vanish was as easy.

I actually use the repition as patter in a ball or juggling or coin rolling...
such as...
If you can juggle 3 they always want 4
If you can roll one coin ...can you roll 2

After I roll 2, I then say..they ask for 3 coins rolled on the same hand..and yes...what next

They ask for 4...

and I do..but with a difference...3 on the right hand and 1 on the left...
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I say...you meant on the same hand.

Harris with only 37 years of on the entertainment job training...
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Phil: Each person has to decide what is right for them. however, if you perform for as many young children as I do, you learn to realize that it is not so much the "WOW" as it is the journey you take them on. they want to laugh and giggle and smile and have fun. Young children enjoy the journey just as much as the magic if not more so. to a young child a billiard ball means nothing to them. vanishing it means even less. You have to make it fun and engaging. =)

To a child, a martian is funny just as much as taking a ball and calling or given it a human name. It is pyschology of a child. Watch children at play and you will see what I am talking about.

The martian idea also was just a rough sample to prove a point. It was to show how a manipulative object could be changedinto something fun for a younf child and how you can engage them.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Multiplying Billard balls for children (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL