We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Invisible Assistant vs Janus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neil
View Profile
Elite user
484 Posts

Profile of Neil
Hi

Anyone know how these differ?

Thx

N
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
I have IA and I highly recommend it. You can't open it to the centre for the writing, to 'circumvent impressions', but how many spectators would be looking for such a thing anyway?

With the IA Pad they just open the pad & write or sketch, tear off the sheet (no impressions on underlying sheets either) and away you go with your revelation.

Dr. Zordas
gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
Was the IA created by shrink ?

gareth.
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
mike stevenson
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mike stevenson
Yes it was.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Yes I created the IA pad. The main difference between the two as I see it is that Ias can be examined before and after the effect. Many very experienced and professional mentalists could find nothing even with the impression in place. You get three solid original routines with the IA and almost endless handlings in its own private forum.And two pads.

The advantage of the janus Im sure Andrew will correct me if I am wrong is that its easily resetable. But it can't be examined closely. The IA pads have to be reseted at a later date. Both use ordinary pads that can be replaced easily. I know Andrew does a lot of walk around perhaps the Janus is good for that. And probably more suitable than the IA.

The IAs can be used for Complete Q&A routines without the need for clipboards and comes with a very innocent handling for small groups of around 20 . Great for psi parties etc.

you also get some cold reading and linguistics in one of the IA routines.

I wouldn't really see it as this pad vs that pad they are different. It depends what you want to use it for. Perhaps you could even make the two kinds of pads up with the same original pads so you have even more felixibility?

I don't own a Janus so I can only suggest. Perhaps others or Andrew would like to add..to what I have posted.
ASTROMIND
View Profile
New user
France
33 Posts

Profile of ASTROMIND
In fact the best would be to buy IA assistant and the Janus pad. I am sure you can use both gimmicks in the same pad. Well I hope so.
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
How does the IA differ from Osterlind's Imp Pad? I'd really like to ask how it is better, but won't for fear of being scolded. thanks.
it's just that I own an Imp Pad and would have to be very impressed by the pros of the IA or Janus to fork up 30 odd quid. thanks again, tom.
haklia
View Profile
New user
France
100 Posts

Profile of haklia
Shrink, what do you mean by : The IA pads have to be reseted at a later date ?
I just want to know how long it takes ? and do I need to carry something else in my bag to reset it ?
I ask it because I want to do walk around magic with an examinable pad. And yours looks really great.

PS : if these questions already have been answered, please excuse me.
bofx
View Profile
Elite user
France
497 Posts

Profile of bofx
Do you must reset your pad (Janus & IA) after each effect or you can wait 2-3 effects ?
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Just about every question about IA pads have been answered in previous threads. One thread spans over 100 posts. Everything you want to know about Ias are in these couple of threads I suggest you have a look.

If you are repeating an effect many times in one night then perhaps IAs are not for you. I don't do walk around so I really don't know. Some people use them in ways I don't.

I am only guessing about the Janus pad from whats been posted. you need to ask owners or Mesaboogie himself.

One option is to carry a number of IA pads with you already set. I use this for a full blown Q&A. Its a very deceptive way to collect information.

I don't do walk around..perhaps other who have IA can comment..

Astromind suggested you buy both pads. If you can stretch that far it might be worth considering. Not one method for everything. Would cost about the average price for one clipboard. And you will never need to buy another clipboard as long as you live..
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
I can only agree with what's already been said by Shrink.

I do, however, happen to own an IA and it is a great device. However, the main difference between the two is the reset feature. Mine is specifically designed for walkaround magic/mentalism as, at present, that is what I do. IA just didn't suit me for this type of work.

I hope Shrink doesn't mind me stating, but IA's strong point is for gathering information preshow, and being able to freely leave the pads in the participants hands for as long as you wish, given the clever invisible principle in use. Though Janus could be used for preshow, that is not what it's designed for and it certainly cannot be left with a participant.

Don't get me wrong, though, IA can be used in a closeup setting, but if you want to do 20 performances in 3 hrs you really need to set up many pads in advance; which is where Janus is probably the better option as you'll only need the one pad.

I think the best thing to do is wait a few weeks since Janus has only just been released. Hopefully then, people who own one, or both, will offer their thoughts.

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards,

Andrew
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
haklia
View Profile
New user
France
100 Posts

Profile of haklia
Thanks a lot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Invisible Assistant vs Janus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL