The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How big is a half dollar? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nuncle
View Profile
New user
Australia
8 Posts

Profile of Nuncle
It is often recommended that half-dollars are a good-sized coin to use, but being from Australia, I don't know how big a half-dollar is. If someone could measure the diameter, I would be most appreciative.
magiciandude
View Profile
New user
Utah
67 Posts

Profile of magiciandude
The standard Kennedy half is about 1 3/8 in. What measurement is the largest australian coin? Where could I find a place to exchange american money for Australian money? Just wondering.

Hope I was of help.
Lance R. Wilson
:stuckinbag:
Magic is the psychology of the audience.
-Lance Wilson
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2002-09-04 01:09, magiciandude wrote:
The standard Kennedy half is about 1 3/8 in. [...]

Actually, a Kennedy half is much closer to 1 1/4 inches; 1.205 inches (or so), which is about 30.6 mm.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
spherie
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of spherie
Right, 3cm is a good average value of the diameter for all us metric guys. Smile That's somewhat larger than the 2€ coin.

Cheers,

Spherie
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
A U.S. half dollar is about the size of a copper New Zealand Penny from the 60's and earlyer. Then half dollar is just s tad bit smaller.
Try going to a coin shop if you guys have any, probably do, and see if they have any US coins.
You can also go where there are a lot of tourist and check with the money exchange places but I doubt they will have half dollars because people here in the states dont use them anymore.
If you have trouble finding US halves go on Ebay they are always selling them by the rolls.
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
Nuncle
View Profile
New user
Australia
8 Posts

Profile of Nuncle
Lance, the Australian 20 cent coin has a diameter of 28 millimetres. The largest Australian coin is the 50 cent coin which has 12 sides and is 32 millimetres from corner to opposite corner.

Thanks for the replies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How big is a half dollar? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL