The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Design duplication (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Hi guys and girls, its very silly but the fact that there are only 300 janus pads (thats it) ever to be released puts me off buying them. Im not quite sure why- so what are peoples favourite close-up design duplication methods/gimmicks etc. Besides the imp pad which cant really be used close up effectively, I'm in the dark on this.
thanks again, tom.
D.Paul
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of D.Paul
Hello
A stack of business cards are always good for close-up try and read Peek performances that has some really good stuff in there and also Psychological subtleties give some really good ideas as well
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Sneak Theif, which concludes with a drawing duplication, I second D.Paul's post about Peek Performances too.

K
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
partyboy
View Profile
Regular user
Montréal, Québec
142 Posts

Profile of partyboy
There is a completely impromptu design duplication on Patrik Kuffs' DVD Mind Stunts (impromptu if you have a stack of business cards with you or any paper)
"communicate your humanity, 'cause that's what we all are after all : human!"
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
I think one of my faves is the one in Ian Rowlands lecture notes, very Impomptu.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
The other evening me and a fellow member (Alan Wright) built a pad that works well for me, can be used for single duplications but the way we routine it you duplicate 3 spectators designs.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Osterlind's new booklet, Essays, has a great DD effect that he calls, ODDS. I'd check that out if I were you.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
509 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
Forget the pads, the only thing you need is a real good switch, or a few card handling moves and some business cards.

Saying that, I LOVE THE JANUS PAD!

(with or without the J)

Curt.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
Thanks Dangermouse,

For me, despite creating Janus, I still, when the situation arises and I don't have my pad, do Kuff's Bold Business; with a sound presentation and natural handling it's one of the best drawing dups out there IMHO.

ps
Where is Kuffs, nowadays?
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
ASTROMIND
View Profile
New user
France
33 Posts

Profile of ASTROMIND
To me "Number Duplication" from banachek's Psi series N 1, is even better than Bold Business.
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
I second Astromind
But better yet is Banachek's drawing duplication which I'm sure MANY discarded because of its "move".
To me, it has proven to be invaluable.
lboudreau
View Profile
Loyal user
Alexandria, Virginia
288 Posts

Profile of lboudreau
I second DangerMouse's comment: "Forget the pads." There are better and less suspicious alternatives. Then again, I've been spoiled by Ted Karmilovich's "Vision in Black." Everything pales by comparison.
LEO
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
- Nobody mentioned Richard Busch's Special Delivery???
Well, then I'll do it.
This is a amazing routine, and I use it a lot.
The very clever use of words and psychology makes this a miracle.
Pure Busch gold, recommended!
justforeffect
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, UK
153 Posts

Profile of justforeffect
Andy Nyman's DVD has an excellent impromptu one.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
"Replication" is a great design dupe using business cards.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Design duplication (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL