The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blue Tiger Decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
You are right, Frank. I really would like to know of Bikes and Tally-Hos are made of the same stock or not. I think they really are.
Jeremy Greystoke
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Virginia
58 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Greystoke
Lennert Green has a penchant for green-backed Bikes. And the odd-colored backs at Target (which I haven't seen yet, but will have to look for) do sound like they'd be useful for a color-changing deck....especially the "trendy" green/purple polka dot design! Smile

And it wouldn't surprise me at all to know that Tally-Ho cards are now on the same stock as regular Bikes. At least the printing still seems to be of a higher quality than many of the usual Bicycle decks.

Jeremy
Avin
View Profile
New user
Georgia
53 Posts

Profile of Avin
Bikes and Tally-Ho's are made by two different manufacturers, right? USPC & Dougherty respectively? Or is this yet another instance of corporate blendo?

Anthony
JCaelum
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of JCaelum
No - Bikes, Tally's, and Bees are all made by the United States Playing Card co. I think they are all on the same stock, but all have different finishes (i.e., bikes are air-cushion, tally hos are linoid finish, and bees have a cambric finish)
Anthony Correia
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Anthony Correia
Frank-
Its funny that you ask that question. I sent an email to USPC asking that same question, and with some specific questions regarding Bee, Tally Ho, and Bikes. That was probably 4 monts ago, and I never got a reply. Maybe thay are all the same, but they don't want to tell.

Anthony
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Great no more high fees of 6-7-8 bucks a deck for a normal deck that should be 2 bucks. I still like the tigers and will still have some but for the price these blue ones are tight. Bicycle should get smart and relize that they can make decks in all colors and people will buy the heck out of them. Not just magicians. They should listen to us on these things because we helped make that company what it is today and we help keep it running. I know I have bought my fair share of cards in my day. Im sure you all have as well.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Alpen
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
163 Posts

Profile of Alpen
Any chance of someone posting a scan??
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Yeah so I have still be wanting to know about the diffrent colors are they out there? I would love to know....Also They have BIkes poker chips named of 8 gram clay. They are two tone and have the bike name across them. Just thought Id put it out there.

~Anton~
20Robert04
View Profile
Regular user
Midland, MI
152 Posts

Profile of 20Robert04
Well I went to Target today. I checked but didn't see any of the blue decks that were mentioned. I did find the poko dot ones, and had to laugh. They looked too weird for me. I did however get a very nice tin box with two decks in it. Im working on some ideas for the tin.
Consequently over on another forum someone posted some Lime Green bikes. If anyone has seen these in the states I would love to get my hands on some.

Anton- if you want to know the diffrent colors, I know of red, blue, black, black tiger, and army red. I know they have had contless designs over the years. I just found a pack of Army&Navy ones from the early 19th century.

Paul
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Thank you for the info Robert...but I wanted to know of the diffrent colors for these tiger stye decks. Thanks Any way.
Anton
David Franklin
View Profile
New user
Jonesborough, TN
76 Posts

Profile of David Franklin
I visited my local Target store last evening and they did not have the blue tigers. They did have the $1 jumbo decks that have been mentioned in another thread as well as the bicycle "designer" deck. I got some of both of these. I sure would like to see the blue tigers. Maybe they are only getting them in the larger metro area stores?
Ann Omminous
View Profile
New user
Narnia
21 Posts

Profile of Ann Omminous
Is there a web-site address for target?
David Franklin
View Profile
New user
Jonesborough, TN
76 Posts

Profile of David Franklin
Yes, they are at Target.com. They don't list these cards on the web site however. I did several searches with no luck.
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Hi Guys I am a bit of nut for diffrent types of bikes and I have a hell load of bright green back bicycle playing cards, available exclusivly thru an English magic shop. These green backs are NOT the typical Christmas style or the dull looking tactical fields but are bright apple green. If anyone wants to do a straight exchange of these baby blues or the polka dot design please pm me and we'll sort it out. Many thanks. AK
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
You are right. The green-backed Bikes are pretty cool. They are sold by magicbox.uk.com.
I like them a lot.
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I have to agree, I like the green backs! good quality control, I have had a duff pack yet! they are good to sign the backs with a red sharpie.
I would like to get some of these blue cards. I wonder if the card collection will get them? anyone from England know?

In Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2885 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Here's a thought: You could turn a normal blue backed card blank as you "extract" the blue ink. Now you print 2 of the light blue using only half the ink for each.... You could extract the red ink from the faces, leaving the white hearts etc.. It will be difficult to justify the blue background... ideas..

Mike
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Hey Mike. That's kind of neat.
If the spectator was given a pen that ran out of ink and you sucked the ink off the back of their selected card and the pen all of a sudden worked again, and their signed card now had a blank face. I can see something like that hapening.

That's a good idea.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Can anyone post pics?
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I just used a blue card with Red Hot Mama the other day at the hospital and it worked great! It had such a big contrast to the red deck. These cards are great!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blue Tiger Decks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL