The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blue Tiger Decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2134 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I've made some scans of the card faces, backs, and box. Is someone willing to receive them through e-mail and host them somewhere? Thanks.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
CardiniMan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
169 Posts

Profile of CardiniMan
Couldn't find the blue ones...would they be "fashion" cards as well? that's what the dotted ones and the colorful swirl back ones are. Btw the swirl ones might be great for fanning.
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Mercury, If you send me a PM, I'll give you my email address, and I'll get some hosting.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2134 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I've e-mailed the pictures to a kind soul to get hosted, they'll hopefully be up soon. Another feature of these light blue bikes is that they come with 2 identical "big" Jokers, as opposed to the normal one big, one smaller with text.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Barajista
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Barajista
Are the light blue bikes in a box like regular bikes or the clear-style plastic box like the fashion cards?
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Regular box type
jtcavataio
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of jtcavataio
I find it fascinating that Target cant even tell me how to find these blasted cards!
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
568 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
I picked up a dozen packs today, They were advertised for $1.97 but rang up $2.49 a pack. I had to make a fuss to get the price they listed.

I am a little skeptical that they are the same quality of Bikes. They feel a little thinner and flimsier, plus the blemishes on the faces (which are all blue as well) show up easily (white speckles).

The box, while Bicycle, is a simpler version. No where does it state air cushion finish although they appear to be. For those that don't know, the only colors you will find in this deck is light blue and white. No red and the court cards have no multicolor.

A little dissapointed actually, but it is something new at least. You will not find these cards at the Target website.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Someone POST A SCAN for Chrissakes!

Er Smile
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2134 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Like I said before, I've scanned some images and sent them to someone to get hosted, now just waiting to see them. If anyone is really anxious to see them, I can send them to someone else for hosting.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Lynn Lee
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Lynn Lee
Hi Kevin--

If you wouldn't mind sending me the scans, I could try to put them up someplace....
I'll PM you my email address.
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
568 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Oh for God sakes, some one email me the pics and I will host them right away with a link.

And btw, they are not "Tigers," they are Bicycles.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
kaegee
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of kaegee
These cards are really not that impressive. First becasue of the blue faces they can't really be used for reverses, and the blue on the faces is not consistant.
Lynn Lee
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Lynn Lee
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Yawn.....
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Is there also a normal faced card with them, just like in the Black Tiger Deck?
Yours,

Ivan
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24263 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-11-30 17:11, JCaelum wrote:
No - Bikes, Tally's, and Bees are all made by the United States Playing Card co. I think they are all on the same stock, but all have different finishes (i.e., bikes are air-cushion, tally hos are linoid finish, and bees have a cambric finish)

Linoid, Air-Cushion and Cambric are all the same finish. They were different back in the 1950's and 1960's, but now they are the same. The other finish that USPCCo uses is their "Ivory" finish. You used to be able to get ANY USPCCo deck made up on either their rough card stock or their smooth card stock (Linoid vs. Ivory) which several guys used as a way of cutting the aces.

Now, you are lucky if you can get them to center the backs.

There may be a difference in quality control. Tally-Ho is a regional card, mainly for New York. Bikes are pretty much universal. So they print about 100 times as many of them during a run, maybe more.

I've seen a big range of quality in bikes. Tally-Ho's are fairly consistent.

Regarding the Baby Blue decks. Well, they look like they have just been given a "makeover."

And I don't mean by Oprah.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
David Franklin
View Profile
New user
Jonesborough, TN
76 Posts

Profile of David Franklin
Well, I certainly think they look interesting. Sort of a blue-print quality. Now if my Target store will just get some of them in stock!
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
I wish I had a Target store here.
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Dear Figerjack

These are only being called tigers as a point of reference due to their odd apperance. We all know they are indeed Bikes but they are different then their red, blue counterparts. In regards o the yawn... these are only a matter of taste lay people do seem to find these cards interesting.... Btw they don't seem to feel they are rigged nearly as often as with the black tigers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blue Tiger Decks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL