The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blue Tiger Decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Blue tigers? heh, I have a feeling this black tiger deck thing is only going to be a fad. I mean, its good that the cards fan well and the all black look is new, but after one year, it might just fade away. The "army of 56" gaff cards don't look that good from ellusionist.
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
Don't look that good? As compared to... let's see... regular gaffs?

They're the same.

USPC printed, and in some cases, worked on by their artists.

David.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2134 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
No "special" cards come with as they're not a special deck, besides the color. Only thing is the identical jokers, rather than 2 different ones. I've only seen the blue ones at my local target once, when I bought them. On return visits, they were gone. They did also have some pink ones on a return visit, same idea, only pink instead of light blue. Not a lot of practicality behind them than another deck to add to the collection, or for a red hot mama type effect.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Lynn Lee
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Lynn Lee
Quote:
On 2004-12-08 14:33, fingerjack wrote:
I am a little skeptical that they are the same quality of Bikes. They feel a little thinner and flimsier, plus the blemishes on the faces (which are all blue as well) show up easily (white speckles).

I went and picked up a few decks for myself the other day, and I rather agree--the cards DO feel like they're not as "solid" as regular bikes, like the stock they're on is inferior to the stuff used for their regular cards. They're neat to have in the interests of collecting, but that's really it as far as I can tell.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I got a couple of these Baby Blues for Christmas. As a deck collector, I think they're a great addition to my collection. For their use in magic, I will say that they have one advantage over Black Tigers - they blend into a normal deck better. I have been doing a simple little gambling routine with them, showing how cards can be marked, and just doing some color changes, and a single Baby Blue blends into a blue-backed normal deck of Bikes, better than the Tigers, I feel, but the color change is just as startling.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I have purchased several of these blue decks and the pink decks. I think they feel fine. And atleast their backs are printed in the center unlike the standard bikes. I have been using a deck for my card routines and ever body loves them. that's just my 2 cents.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blue Tiger Decks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL