The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » New ideas for El Duco's "Wedding Bell" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paolo_1966
View Profile
New user
Italy
98 Posts

Profile of Paolo_1966
Last week I bought the item El Duco's "Wedding Bell" and I'd like to receive some ideas to routine it.
Best regards
Paolo_1966
Moro Paolo
Gipstein
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
76 Posts

Profile of Gipstein
I, too, just bought it and would welcome ideas. I have replaced the cheap plastic ring box with a nice velvet one I had from Viking's ring cannister effect. That was a start. I am stiill working up a routine, and I beleive that putting the ring in the box and as quickly as possible getting the ring into the bell and the bell out to the table is the way to go. This can be done very fast, and by ringing the bell as I bring it out, it makes the bell seem a normal prop -- just the next thing to come from my off-table box or whatever.

I am trying to work up a different routine than the one that comes with it. I want to borrow a woman's wedding band (not engagement) and work a story that will make her feel good about her ring when I return it at the end. Hence, something positive and romantic, like two lovers separated just before the wedding, and somehow the band appears on the postponed wedding day after all.

Something like: "In spite of his being far away at war / on his expedition / whatever, her beloved made good on his vow to give her that ring on the appointed day. She found the ring in the bell he had given her, and though it would be silent for a while, she knew that soon it would ring again as they were reunited..."

I had originally thought to have the man die in a war, the precious ring box he had carried with him found empty, and the ring magically appearing in the bell of his beloved, but this seemed too down. I didn't want to hand the ring back and have the lady who loaned it have a bad connection with it. So I am working on a positive story. Ideas welcome.
Magic is where dreams become reality and reality becomes a dream.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I had this sitting in my collection for years and finally took it out and read the instructions. Wow! This was a cinch to load. I've performed a classic Ring & String routine to impossible location for years and know that this will fit in just perfectly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » New ideas for El Duco's "Wedding Bell" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL