The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Out of print??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Q-TIP
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, Oh
61 Posts

Profile of Q-TIP
Hello all... I went to my local magic shop to purchase Bobo's modern coin magic. The owner said he had just sold out and had to place a new order. I called him the following week and he said that it had been taken out of print. Is this true? If not could someone please post a link of somewhere I could purchase it.

Thanx & Godbless
spherie
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of spherie
Hi there!

Just did a quick search at amazon.com and they still have it (at $9.95). Besides, I somehow don't think this book is going to be out of print soon. Smile Or is it? Smile

Regards,

Spherie
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Hmm, I just picked it up at Browser's Den in Toronto last week.

Possibilities:
1) the publisher is out of stock, but is awaiting a new printing
2) the magic shop is mistaken
3) the magic shop was given incorrect information. They may be ordering through a wholesaler, and occasionally wholesalers make this kind of mistake
4) the book is genuinely out of print, in which case, someone let me know and I'll be more than happy to acquire the rights to it.
Q-TIP
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, Oh
61 Posts

Profile of Q-TIP
Thanx guys... I appreciate it!
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
He could be referring to the edition with the added chapters.

The dover edition of course is still in print, but I don't know if Magic Inc. *think they're the publishers" are still printing the "enhanced version"
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
I don't know if it helps anything at all, but the edition I have was published by an Indian publisher -- I can't remember the name at the moment. It's definitely not Dover or Magic Inc. Since I bought the book in Toronto, I suspect the Indian publisher holds rights to the book in the British Commonwealth.

So even in the rather unlikely event that all US editions are sold out, there are non-US publishers who hold rights to the book, and you'd be able to get the book from them.

(And Amazon.com will have no problem getting the book for you from a foreign publisher, regardless of who holds US rights.)
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Amazon.com cannnot provide access the "expanded edition" but they can provide you with the dover edition.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Ah, that solves a mystery, then.

If you want the expanded version, I saw it for sale at the Browser's Den when I picked up my original version last week. They've got an online store:

http://www.browsersden.com/welcome.htm

You should e-mail them first to make sure it's the version you want. I think the paperback is the original version, and the hardcover is the expanded version, but I'm not positive.

Browser's Den is in Toronto -- I don't know of an American source.
Q-TIP
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, Oh
61 Posts

Profile of Q-TIP
Thankyou all for the advice!!
mikejorden
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of mikejorden
You can buy Bobo (and many other out of print classics) on CD rom at Lybrary.com. It occupies much less space.
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2002-09-05 10:03, mikejorden wrote:
You can buy Bobo (and many other out of print classics) on CD rom at Lybrary.com. It occupies much less space.
The version at lybrary.com is the public domain version and doesn't include all the extra text in the version published by Magic inc.

You can get the PD version at any books and borders bookstore or "barnes and Nobles" here in the U.S.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Last I checked, The New Modern Coin Magic (what is being refferred to here as the "enhanced edition") was readily available. Try L&L, Magic INC, Daytona Magic, H&R Books, etc. I think your dealer is mistaken.

Even if it is OOP, it will still be readily available from most of the above dealers and many more.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Out of print??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL