We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Metal Bending "2" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon
View Profile
New user
Israel
64 Posts

Profile of Jon
Hey all,
I really like Chad Sanborn's optical illusion.
Are there any differences in doing this trick with a small spoon (teaspoon)? or maybe a fork ? does it make a difference in which cutlery I use (besides the knife, of course) - or would you reccomend on doing it with a regular spoon only? why?....
thank you,
Jonathan.
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
Hi Jon,

I also like the idea behind this kind of bending. I do it also with teaspoons.

By the way I wouldn't even call it an optical illusion, because at the end you indeed can show that the spoon hast bend.
But I guess you mean the illusion during bending the spoon.

Of course like in all other bending techniques you should go with rather cheaper spoons and forks for obvious reason. Especially in Sanborns method to bend.

But this bend can really kill in some special situations.
Especiall in so called "test conditions" I was successful.

I remember situations where I had made laid out some spoons to be bend. I did some bends before (most often Osterlinds wonderful technique).

Then a situation can come up where they watch your hands and the spoon like a hawk. Of course normally an experienced mentalist has the ability to misdirect peeople to do the dirty work in advance as I also normally do.

But with Sanborns method you clearly can show the spoon to be unbent right at the start.

Then you go for the bend and afterwards you show the spoon bent.
In these situations the reactions are tremendous.

regards

Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Metal Bending "2" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL