The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Braco's floating ball... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I was looking through an old Magic Magazine yesterday and came across an advertisement for Norm Neilson and Braco featuring a floating ball that used no strings, no zombee method... in fact; they made it seem that this would cost 50.00 to make and you can perform it surrounded on stage or in a livingroom. Has anyone owned/ made this or familiar with BFB...
Jeremy Greystoke
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Virginia
58 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Greystoke
Do a search for "Braco's Floating Ball" and you'll get quite a few hits. It generated a huge amount of comment (mostly unfavorable) upon its release. To sum it up briefly, it wasn't regarded as being very practical for the average working performer.

I think a poke around in the "Good, Bad, and Garbage" section will prove illuminating.

Jeremy
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I've heard very little good about it. Tommy Wonder and Dirk Losander have a new floating ball out that seems to be pretty good. You may want to check that out.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Braco's floating ball is a joke!
johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
I think more than a joke. A gimmick all it self. It is a useless prop. Go with Don Waynes Floating Ball. It is more practical for a performer that wants to put the energy into doing this effect. When done right it is pretty specatular. We have performed Don's Version several times with nice lighting and that is the critical part is the lighting. We had the stage nicely lit but you couldn't tell for beans. We had people in the first row...not even 10 feet away go WOW that is crazy....

So I suggest you go with Don's.

But if you do, some insight to know, you will need assistants and proper stage to do it on.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Jeremy Greystoke
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Virginia
58 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Greystoke
Quote:
On 2004-11-29 12:56, rtgreen wrote:
I've heard very little good about it. Tommy Wonder and Dirk Losander have a new floating ball out that seems to be pretty good. You may want to check that out.

I'll agree. I saw Dirk do a demo of it at MAGIC Live and I was standing at quite close range. It's not quite designed for table-hopping Smile but it can be performed deceptively very close...easily suitable for a parlor or platform situation.

It's expensive, but well worth looking at if you're interested in a floating ball effect.

Jeremy
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
You will need to be a mime artist to convince your audience and the price is inflated {pun intended} hope this helps. Café member Bill palmer will probably be able to guide you more.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thanks for the input guys...you saved me from dropping the cash on yet another useless prop... I have been intrested in Tommy Wonder's Sphere...
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Everyone has such negative remarks with Bracos floating ball, but I think it has potential! I have it and I keep meaning to get round to playing with it!
Has any of you actually spent the time to see how effective this is?
I know it is a pain of a set up, but I still feel that it could look fantastic if the time was spent playing around with it!
Just my thoughts on it!!

Sean
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24230 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Good news, bad news.

The bad news is that the Braco floating ball is basically not useable as presented in the manuscript. Braco was not exactly happy with the way it turned out, either. It was not a finished routine, and the translation was also particularly awful.

Now for the good news. Braco has another manuscript that has not been translated into English yet. It is similar to the Don Wayne floating ball, but the setup is much simpler. You need a pair of leg drops and the special "whatever." I have been given permission to translate this into English, but it will be a couple of months before that happens.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1140 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
This is Bob LaRue's favorite trick, He posts on here as Omnibozo.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
limhanchung
View Profile
Veteran user
Malaysia
342 Posts

Profile of limhanchung
Why does Braco's floating ball fail?
BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
New user
MN
93 Posts

Profile of BobMillerMAGIC!
Thanks very much for the comments on BFB. You saved me some $.
PreDate: The NoMem Calendar Trick
http://www.BobMillerMagic.biz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Braco's floating ball... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL