We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardReaper
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of CardReaper
I was wondering what would go good with tarot card. I want to start up a mentalism act. I am taking all ideas.

Thanks,

Cardreaper
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1260 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Rick Maue's "book of haunted magic" is full of tarot card tricks.

Just make a google for Rick Maue etc.
CardReaper
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of CardReaper
Alright will do. I have some tarot card magic tricks. I am also looking for stuff that is not tarrot cards.
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
JIm Magus has several books out on Tarto & Rune Stone routines and you can't go wrong with Stephan Minch's "Book of Thoth".

As I explained in a previous thread, I hope to have a video out on the idea of Readings sewn into effects by next spring (2005).

CB
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
699 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Quote:
On 2004-11-29 16:41, CardReaper wrote:
Alright will do. I have some tarot card magic tricks. I am also looking for stuff that is not tarrot cards.

Well, if you're doing tarot card magic tricks, why not add a ouija board dove production and maybe a PK demonstration where you levitate a girl, just before passing a hoop around her.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I would second the post for Book of Thoth, very nice indeed.

K
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Quote:
On 2004-11-29 19:12, procyonrising wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-11-29 16:41, CardReaper wrote:

Well, if you're doing tarot card magic tricks, why not add a ouija board dove production and maybe a PK demonstration where you levitate a girl, just before passing a hoop around her.

You do have a point here!

I've said it 1,001 times (as has many before me) MENTALISM is only a kindred art form to magic and like Oil & Water, THEY DON'T MIX... you end up loosing certain advantages and cheapening one or the other (typically both). It costs the craft in ways I'll not go into but it costs you even more in credibility/reputation et al.

To do "Card Tricks" with a deck of Tarot cards IS NOT THE SAME as using the Tarot to execute an effect that flows as part of a Reading. As much as I love the bit of having a talisman show up in the pack for locating a chosen card (insert spooky music here), it is a Magic Trick and comes off as such. That's fine if you are doing Bizarre Magick but not when you're trying to pass it off as "Mentalism" or Psi Phenomena... such lack of plasibility/believability only makes you look like a fool... you've insulted the client(s) when doing such.

Oi! This is a dangerous thing to get into...
CardReaper
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of CardReaper
What author for the book of thoth.

Cardreaper
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL