The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What is your favorite type of coin to use? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
BrianCooper
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
55 Posts

Profile of BrianCooper
My favorites are Soft Morgan Dollars. I was able to get them from the local coin shop and since they are worn out and have no numismatic value was able to get them very cheap. For multi coin production work I use soft Barber halfs as they seem naturally thinner than other halves and stack very well.

Brian
el toro
View Profile
Veteran user
Across the atlantic
325 Posts

Profile of el toro
Even if I don't live in the US, I use Walking Liberty half dollars, Morgan dollars, english pennies and some chinese coins. I explain that I like to use these american coins because they are so beautiful and they are silver coins. (Of course I don't tell them that all my gaffs are made from WL and english pennies !)
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Half dollars are too big for me and quarters are too small so I use susan b anthony coins. they are perfect for me.
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Any double headed coin that has the same date on both sides, carry it everywhere with me for impromptu coin prediction with borrowed change.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Jumbo coins anyone??
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
As above, routine determines the coins...

I've always used the Kennedy Halves & English Pennies for most routines. My gaffs are all in those denominations. That said, I've recently graduated to Eisenhower, 1971/72 Silver Dollars. One, because they're $1.25 each (ever priced a Morgan or Walking Liberty?), and two, lately I've been financially strapped, and they've come in handy a few times...LOL! Can't imagine the loss of spending a WL/Morgan!!!

I wonder though...those of you that prefer Morgans/Liberties...why? Is it a quality of coin, a texture thing...or just aesthetics? Just curious...

Cheers! Smile

Doug
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I always use kennedy halves and Irish Pennies
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
The only major problem with the £2.00 coin is it's a bit thick. Not much good for multiple CPs.
vilewarner
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
86 Posts

Profile of vilewarner
64 Kennedys, Walking Liberty's and Morgan dollars
Magius
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Magius
Walkers, very predictably, but I also like NZ 50 cents. I'd get the australian silver rounds, but I can't find them where I live, and frankly, I'm planning to get Barbers, which will cost me quite a bit.

For some reason, I really love 2 Pound coins...
Neophyte.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What is your favorite type of coin to use? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL