The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » SELECT MAGIC SYNED SOY BOX (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
Hi!

There is a very interesting effect put out by Select Magic called the Syned Soy Box. I was wondering if anyone had one or knew of them or even if you have seen it performed. Looking for any comments on it - is it good, bad, well made...and any idea of price. Jeepers...I hope that is not too much to ask!

Here is a description of the effect:
A small wooden box is handed to a spectator. The spectator opens the box and removes its contents - A small prediction envelope a deck of cards. The prediction envelope is opened and it contains one single playing card which is placed face down on the table. The spectator cuts the deck at any place and turns the cut at card face up. The prediction card on the table is turned face-up and it matches the freely cut at card. This is one of the most revolutionary and diabolical effects ever created. The box can be examined and the deck of cards is unprepared and only one prediction envelope is used.

Thanks,

Mitch
Mitch Solway
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
226 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
Hello Mitch,

I saw the effect being performed by its originator many years ago. I thought it was very good and I found the method clever too. Although I do not remember the details, I think the box was quite beautiful and expertly crafted. I am not sure about the price anymore but I remember thinking that it was quite expensive.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

D
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1144 Posts

Profile of TomasB
Does Select Magic have an online site? I only found
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pmarc/page%20tours/page%2014.htm
but with no price information I could understand. I'd very much like to order one.

A friend of mine has the box and it's a thing of beauty in appearance and method. He wasn't _completely_ happy with the method but I managed to tweak it a bit to suit him. The method is extremely inspiring and in the future I hope someone will find a way to use a similar procedure for Any Card at Any Number instead of a Predicted Card at Any Number.

/Tomas

I just read your effect description and it doesn't sound like Syned Soy Box at all. The effect is as follows:

A spectator holds the box by its chains. He imagines cutting a packet off an imaginary deck and then names the number of cards in the imaginary packet. The chains are removed, the box still untouched by the magician. The spectator opens the box himself and finds an envelope lying on top of a deck of cards. The spectator himself counts to his named number in the deck and the card there matches the prediction in the envelope. There are _no_ duplicate cards in the deck and the deck is totally ungaffed.

I think it's _very_ clever.

/Tomas
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
I used to sell the box For select in the Uk it beautyfully made and the thinking behind the method pure genious. I have also performed it. It is not suitable for table hopping but can be performed close-up or parlour, I feel the effect would be lost on stage. Without tipping the working the cards and box can be examined after they will find nothing and have no idea. I often used to wonder if some genius would work out a way to do it without the box, maybe 1 in 52 has ?.
prof.wonderfool
View Profile
New user
Paris
19 Posts

Profile of prof.wonderfool
HELLO? MANY YEARS AGO I have got a syned soy box . I have presented it sometimes and have forgotten.
To day opening a case I have found the box but searching the instructions just found only two pages... (11, 12!) about the enveloppes.
Do yu have these instructions and can you help me?

(I am French, live in paris and do close up for adults and children. I write in the frech magazine Magicus)
Best regards
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Hi Prof,

I believe that I may have the instructions; give me a few days and I will try to dig them out. I may need a reminder as I am very busy presently. Will also need an email address for you

Regards

Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Anders K
View Profile
New user
Denmark
29 Posts

Profile of Anders K
Hi guys

I've just purchased an original Syned Soy Box secondhand in Germany. It came with german instructions, and while I understand most of it, I'd prefer to have the instructions in English, so I don't miss any important details.
Does anyone have the instructions for it?

Proof of purchase can be forwarded.

Thanks in advance Smile
Anders
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I believe Viking/CW sells a reproduction of this amazing effect.
Psychiac
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Psychiac
Julie is correct (Viking has been selling it under a different name, with credit to Jos). Unfortunately, and to my dismay after researching what this is, they are currently sold out...

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=109
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » SELECT MAGIC SYNED SOY BOX (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL