The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Double lifts - how do "you" do yours? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
SnapCrimp
View Profile
New user
Konawa, Oklahoma
8 Posts

Profile of SnapCrimp
I want to do the one oz does on born to preform. But it's hard but I'm learning it now.
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Just so you know, the push-off I do can be done with any deck. Well... except for that deck that sits in the corner of a bar and its warped to the size of 2 decks. Smile I would have a hard time doing a normal DL with that. I am actually in Japan right now on vacation, but I promised a lot of people here I will do a Tutorial on it. (its a knack... but you have to be pointed in the right direction to get the knack down) The video will come out. I promise Smile

I just never liked many people's push-off technique because it always required you to square up after the push.
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
LiquidSn, have you seen the video that Cody posted on the push-off DL? Take a look at that. Very very smooth. Doesn't look like he had to do any squaring at all.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 20:26, edh wrote:
LiquidSn, have you seen the video that Cody posted on the push-off DL? Take a look at that. Very very smooth. Doesn't look like he had to do any squaring at all.

Edh, that WAS Liquidsn in the video. That is actually him. Smile He does probably the best push-off I have seen.

Cody
Greg Hues
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
143 Posts

Profile of Greg Hues
I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but since we are back on the topic of Push-off doubles. I wanted to mention R. Paul Wilsons Ultra-Natural Double lift again. (Video can be found on his site here : http://www.rpaulwilson.com/videos.htm )

It is the DL I use most, and to this day the most natural DL I have seen, with Ron Bauer's TTT being a close second.

I like it because it does not require you to hold grip the cards in anyway, they just rest on your fingers as you turn it over. And as you can see in the video, no need to square up either.

By the way, Liquidsn, your push off is very slick as well. Please understand that by posting the above link I am in no way trying to knock your chops Smile - Just wanted to share the info!
Regards,

Greg Hues
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Paul Wilson's sleight is excellent, and exactly what its title suggests. Recently coaching members of the Young Magicians Club at the Magic Circle HQ in London, I started out pretending I was teaching a trick, instructed them to begin the trick with the top card turned over, stopped them, and then said, "whatever you just did, that's what your DL/DT has to look like".

Cheers,

Chris
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2007-04-11 20:26, edh wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edh, that WAS Liquidsn in the video. That is actually him. He does probably the best push-off I have seen.

Whoops!!! Boy do I feel stupid. Smile I will now procede to take my foot out of my mouth. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
The Conjuror
View Profile
Regular user
Illinois, USA
132 Posts

Profile of The Conjuror
I always just use the old pinky break to DL. I think it looks natural when done right. The important thing is that I have made it a habit to (1) slide the cards forward before picking them up when I DL, and (2) pick up a single card in the same fashion as my DL. This way, both my DL and my single lift look identical. The only difference is the established pinky break with the help of a little misdirection.
FreefallFool
View Profile
New user
UK
61 Posts

Profile of FreefallFool
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 19:56, LiquidSn wrote:
Just so you know, the push-off I do can be done with any deck... I promised a lot of people here I will do a Tutorial on it. (its a knack... but you have to be pointed in the right direction to get the knack down) The video will come out. I promise Smile

I look forward to it. My compliments to you...

Jason
Smile It's not how far you fall, it's how you land... Smile
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1436 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 22:38, kruel wrote:
I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but since we are back on the topic of Push-off doubles. I wanted to mention R. Paul Wilsons Ultra-Natural Double lift again. (Video can be found on his site here : http://www.rpaulwilson.com/videos.htm )

It is the DL I use most, and to this day the most natural DL I have seen, with Ron Bauer's TTT being a close second.

I like it because it does not require you to hold grip the cards in anyway, they just rest on your fingers as you turn it over. And as you can see in the video, no need to square up either.

By the way, Liquidsn, your push off is very slick as well. Please understand that by posting the above link I am in no way trying to knock your chops Smile - Just wanted to share the info!

Could you give me some information on this please?
Where can Wilsons un-dl be learned from? And what is this Ron Bauer's TTT? And where can this be found?
By the way, does anyone know where Paul wilsons Ring Routine can be found?

Thanks a lot!
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Paul's un-dl can be found in the link provided in your post. It's in the Circle of Confidence section and it's called Double Your Pleasure.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1436 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Thanks a lot Dave! by the way, I love your post about doing a T&R or Burn effect with Jerry's Nugget cards to see some grown up men cry haha. Totally hilarious!

Is there anyone else who can give me some pieces of information on the tt move by ron bauer and this ring thing by paul wilson?

Muchas gracias
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Greg Hues
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
143 Posts

Profile of Greg Hues
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 12:55, Memory-Jah wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 22:38, kruel wrote:

Could you give me some information on this please?
Where can Wilsons un-dl be learned from? And what is this Ron Bauer's TTT? And where can this be found?
By the way, does anyone know where Paul wilsons Ring Routine can be found?

Thanks a lot!

As mentioned above the UN-DL is on Mr. Wilson's site. As for the TTT, I do not think it is available... It may have been once, on the now defunct Cogitations website.

There may, or may not be a demo video of it kicking around the internet.
Regards,

Greg Hues
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1436 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Ok thank you
truckbonner555
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of truckbonner555
Look into the strike DL. It's basically a straight forward double lift but with no break.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Double lifts - how do "you" do yours? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL