The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Copperfield to Vanish the Moon??? (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
I heard somewhere that DC's next big plan was to vanish the moon! Has anyone else heard this?? Smile

Justin Smile
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
I can do this too, but only once every month or so. Takes too much out of me. Call me a lunatic. (I'm in a weird mood tonight).

Jay Smile
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
143 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
All I can say about it is....yes, Copperfield would like to vanish the moon. At least one of his creators has come up with a number of ways to do it.
spherie
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of spherie
Incredible! Guess how this will affect the tide.. Bye bye El Nino, welcome El David! Smile
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
David has decried all allegations of an affair with the moon as ludicrous, and that anyone surmising that his recent "out on the town" photos with the moon point to anything other than a casual friendship should get a life.

Also Haley's Comet has filed a prohibitive affidavit against the National Enquirer, claiming that photos depicting it having dinner with a remote quasar were "malevolently concieved and fabricated."
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Profile of Bascomb Grecian
I will have to tune in that night, here in Redding. If he can make the moon vanish, is DC going to let us know when this is to occur? That way, the nation can collectively watch and every American can look out the window to see the moon vanish.

I have one thing to say, "You have got to be kidding".
Welcome to The Magic Cafe'!
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
While it may appear to the casual observer that Copperfield is vanishing a randomly selected moon, it will actually be a "stooge" moon, innocently sitting among the other moons.

Those in the know will be able to tell because the "randomly selected" moon will be perfectly dressed for the event and will offer all the right "straight lines" for DC to be witty with.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Maybe he simply plans to turn his backside toward the audience, drop his pants, moon the audience, then magically dissappear, thus performing the effect as advertised.
Click to visit:
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Haha! Dan, just pray that he doesn't really do that!!!!!!!! Smile
McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
Quote:
On 2002-09-09 06:02, Thomas Wayne wrote:
While it may appear to the casual observer that Copperfield is vanishing a randomly selected moon, it will actually be a "stooge" moon, innocently sitting among the other moons.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne

Please refer to it as the SM in the future, to avoid exposing the time honored SM principles

However, from what I've heard, four members of the audience will write down a random date on a notepad between Dec 2002 and Dec 2005 (i.e. 5-16-03, 11-9-03--as in November 9th, 5-04-04, and 10-28-04) and another volunteer will select the date that Copperfield will vanish the moon.

Other rumors I've heard is that Copperfield will flash the dates on the TV screen so viewers can pick the date the moon disappears. Also that Copperfield will be performing an impromptu book test of "Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."

EDIT: May 04 2004 for European audiences only, other dates may vary.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I was thinking that maybe Copperfield will erect a giant curtain over the moon, and when the curtain is yanked away, the sun is now there.

It's called "Eight Hour Metamorphasis."
philipi56
View Profile
Regular user
grand rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of philipi56
DC said he was planning this about 4 years ago at Dreams and Nightmares. He did a small card sitting routine too.
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Um... how did I get here? I think I clicked the wrong button. I was reading about the Fox TV stuff, and suddenly I’m in an eclipse, or a discussion of astrology. Did I click a wrong page? Is someone here going to reveal how and or why the moon always used to seem to follow me around when I was sitting in the back seat of mom’s car?
Smile
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
A long, long time ago (the seventies)I heard that Andre Kole was working on this. As the rumor went--and this was completely consistent with his reputation at the time--he had seven workable methods.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
A really cool "Hollywood" effect of this was done for the miniseries/movie Merlin. For those that have the DVD it's in chapter 11 "Alliance"
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
Vanishing the moon. That'd take one enormous TT.

Smile Smile
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
It's all been worked out. Really. You will not be able to see the moon and nothing will be in the way. Unfortunately, he has to perform it during the day! Smile
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
aby9plp
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
255 Posts

Profile of aby9plp
LOL! I can't wait to see that one! I have already heard it once in another forum that the magic Café, and I wonder where did u guys found that info. Is there a site for that?
-aka-
Phoenix
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Vanishing the moon is not strong enough for me! I'm currently working on the Re-Set of the BIG BANG...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
we can all make thne moon dissapear. place both hands over your eyes ,,,presto it has vanished.............
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Copperfield to Vanish the Moon??? (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL