The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Sneaky Snakey Wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I saw an ad for it in the linking ring, but I can't seem to find a photo of it online. Any reviews? Is it any good?

Brian
The great Sandwich!
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2120 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I was wondering about it also. Saw it on HankLee's site.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I bought this originally thinking it was the wand-to-snake shown on the Hocus Pocus site. It isn't.

The reason you won't see a photo of this is because you'll then be able to make one for a couple of dollars. It has some potential and the patter's quite clever.

George
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
This is amazing! I've looked on English speaking and German sites and all that comes up is this snake cartoon illustration. Mike Bent - whoever you are - I think you've scored a 'one off' for secrecy here!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
"Mike Bent- whoever you are"
Was wondering that myself,Tony. Did a search, he's released a lot of products and this is his home page:
http://www.abrakidabra.com
George
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
993 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Last week I visited the only magic shop around for 100km and saw a cute wand that looks like the standard with black body with white ends. When the owner asked me to take it and have a look, it turned into a long spring snake. Very cute and realistic. Might scare kids who may not see it coming. He wanted about $40US for it.

JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
That's the one hocus-pocus are selling, JoJo, not the Mike Bent prop. It does look like a good prop though (probably better than the sneaky snake prop).
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Magicgeroge said it earlier that if you indeed saw a picture of it you could get it yourself. But you are buying a prop with a great routine an lines that Mike has worked out in hundreds of shows.

Ken
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I have not personally seen this prop, but I have seen a lot of other Mike Bent products. Mike has a lot of clever and creative stuff and I bet the patter and routines he gives you with it is probably worth it.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
My ears were burning, so I thought I'd give a post. You could easily make it yourself, it's an item you've probably seen a hundred times, But when I saw it, I made a prop out of it. That prop became a joke, the joke became a routine, and the routine became a signature piece. That's what you're really buying.
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
Ok Mike-where can we buy it?
sammhoudini
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of sammhoudini
I've got 3 left of Mike Bent's Sneaky Snakey Wand in stock at The Trick Shop. We're open 10-4 tomorrow. Give us a call. (866)MAGIC-04 $18 plus free priority mail shipping in U.S. if you mention this post.

Sam
bringing a real magic shop experience to the internet, one click at a time.

www.trickshopmagic.com
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
I'm in the process of setting a a "Magician's Only!" shopping page, but it's not ready yet. Most shops sell it. Hank Lee's, Hocus Pocus... Support your local Magic Shop!
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
I do not care who made it or what they made in the past.
It is more important I know what is the effect and how does it look and does work well? Or is it a "joke" as Mike Bent states?
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
WOW! It is joke. A good JOKE
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
I saw it at Steven's Magic Emporium.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1649 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
My wife actually bought me the sneaky snakey wand for Christmas. I was dissapointed when I saw the prop, and it did not come with any routine, so my guess is she got it from an unscrupulous dealer. However, I have used it in a few shows with my own routine, and I have to say the kids go crazy.............If you want to let me have any of your routines Mike off line, let me know and I will in turn let you have mine!!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I think it's one of those props you can't judge on first appearance. If you'd never heard of a beak-away wand before it could be seen as just some daft joke before fully realizing it's potential. Same with this prop.

George
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Magicgeorge great example!

Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Sneaky Snakey Wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL