The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Asrah levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoeNathan
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of JoeNathan
I want to build an asrah form for an horizontal levitation.. Can anybody give me some tips on how to build it... and what material to use ? I just need one that has the form of the head only.

Thanks
Joe Nathan
Magician
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
In a recent Genii magazine Paul Osborne had a nice write up on this. (Either the beginning of this year or last year)
Dennis Michael
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Since you're building a small one, it won't be as difficult as a full body. Use thin metal wire (can't remember what gauge I used for a similar project, but 22 rings a bell...don't quote me on that though), and solder it together. I acquired a foam "wig head" (no idea what the proper name for it would be!) and molded all of my wire around that. After everything was done (and removed from the foam head), I sprayed it flat black and wrapped it all in black gaff tape for an extra measure. There are probably better ways, but that is what has worked for me.
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Piano wire is best if you can get it at a good price. It is not the easiest thing to work with but it holds up the best. I have helped build a few asrah forms from this stuff and it is great.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
JoeNathan
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of JoeNathan
Ok thanks for the tips. can anyone can tell me how the form can desapear in mid air ? I usually tought that the form was foldable or something like that.
Sorry I'm in close-up magic since 1989 but I really don't know a lot of illusion stuff!
Joe Nathan
Magician
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
We cannot expose secrets on the Café forum, it is against the rules. May I suggest you do a search for illusion books. There are tons of referals on the Café. Then you can purchase the secret just like most of us had to do.

Being your question does not make any sense and is not detailed as to what you are trying to accomplish. Then this is all the advice I can possibly give to you.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
When I got to work with a magician who did this illusion, he pulled me into his confidence and showed me everything.

I was amazed how easiy it was made, used and how great it looked.

It's one for my wish list, however, it does require a stage and a bit of set up prior to using. Not every stage is capabible of performing it and lighting is critical for both the effect and presentation to work well. I was on spot light and given critical instructions on how to use the spot.
Dennis Michael
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Quote:
On 2004-12-07 18:41, London wrote:
Piano wire is best if you can get it at a good price. It is not the easiest thing to work with but it holds up the best. I have helped build a few asrah forms from this stuff and it is great.

What gage of wire would you use? I found a site that sells remnants at a very reasonable price.

Thanks,
Richard
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would not fool with remenants. I would use .035 wire for the outer outlines and .071 or more for the basic structual outline.

Every place you solder a joint will have to have all the residue from soldering cleaned out and the metal sealed to prevent rusting. Then everything must be painted black.

Personally, I would buy the form.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Asrah levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL