The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Anderson T&R (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Hey guys,

I've been learning several different T&R newspaper routines. The Gene Anderson version seems the best. In the instructions, it says to use "stove pipe wire". It says that you can find it at any hardware store. Well, I've looked at several local stores, but they have no idea what I'm talking about. Does anyone have any idea where to get the wire, or is there a good substitute?

Thanx Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
mike4dice
View Profile
New user
Randolph, NJ
84 Posts

Profile of mike4dice
I have a bunch of it. It is a soft, bendable iron wire. Found it in a local hardware store years ago.

You can also use flexible metal (aluminium?) sheet trimmed to size.

PM me and we'll talk about getting some of the wire to you.

mike Smile
"Talents are best nurtured in solitude; but character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world." - Goethe
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2747 Posts

Profile of John Long
I found some "floral" wire in an arts/craft store, it is 22 gauge, and seems to work
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
Search this forum. There is quite a discussion on the wire, gauge and length preferred.
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24262 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have used 19 gauge galvanized wire for a very long time. You can get it at almost any hardware store. Floral wire is too thin and not strong enough.

The Anderson Tear was one of my signature pieces for 35 years. I figure I have done it more than 10,000 times.

Contact me via e-mail for more information.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
Michael,

Next time your in the hardware store ask if they have any tie wire. That is what I use. Also get some masking tape. Once you Cut and shape the wire, make two rectangles just slightly larger then the wire and then sandwiches the wire between them.

I hope this helps.

Tony
...the magic that creates Memories!
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Wow, what an old thread! Thanks to everyone who responded. Since my original posting in 2002, I've tried out several types of wire. I found some soft aluminum modeling wire, used to make wireforms, and it worked well. I've also come up with a way to do the tear with no wire at all. It works, and you don't look like you're "bending" newspaper around newspaper. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
newmage
View Profile
New user
West Coast
25 Posts

Profile of newmage
Bonsai wire is the best for me!
JohntheMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Mechanicsburg, PA
157 Posts

Profile of JohntheMagician
Denny Haney turned me on to the Anderson version after watching him perfrom at our May Day Convention last month. He promptly told me that there are many other versions out there and that most will fit the bill but that Andersons is in his opinion the best.

Well I have the instructions now and will be building it this weekend.
Wish me luck
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” ~ Doug Henning
<BR>____________________________________________
<BR>WWW.ILLUSIONDELUSION.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Anderson T&R (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL