The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » I need egg bag info (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
In the picture, your bag seems a trifle long, which could cause a minor problem in working,

My Busby (both the one bought at the Seattle swap meet, and, the Karrell Fox Busby, I inherited from Karrell's estate, measure 8" tall x 7" wide.

Hope this is helpful.

O
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21953 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, mtstic44 wrote:
I thank both you for your input. The bag is red with yellow and black lines in it. It did have a card board insert and a thick plastic bag that it was put in. The instructions was a blue booklet with a bag printed on it. It was copyrighted in 1996. There is a sticker on the plastic bag with magicfact.com on it. The bag has a yellow tint to it to make me believe i
it's been around a little while. I got it for 28.00 on ebay. I wish I had a picture to show you.

Thanks
Allen

Yes, that looks just like mine, it is 7-5/8" X 9-5/8", you should keep the cardboard in the bag when not use, that will keep it looking new and no wrinkles. Keep it the plastic bag as well, to keep it clean and fresh.

You got a deal, I paid full price.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
Does it look like an authentic bag to you Bill?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21953 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, it does, I got out my bad and compared mine to your picture. If you got it from China, then it would be a copy, but no matter, if it works then use it. They are very good at making copies of magic tricks from China.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
robert_baxt
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA. USA
84 Posts

Profile of robert_baxt
Frank Findley very kindly mentioned my egg bags which don't use eggs, but rattle/no rattle pill bottles for patter about how drugs mess with your perception or how when you drink too much you need aspirin the next day! Thank you Frank! Smile See https://www.robertbaxt.com/no_egg_egg_bag/ for my routine with it.
ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
64 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
I put out the paper bag egg bag through Bill Abbott magic. It is called PB&E. Since it was introduced in 2014, it has sold over a 1000 units world wide. It was developed over 4 years in my show and in addition to being a full-time pro for over 30 years, I also have a university degree in product design. The routine I created is solid and the paper bag uses a different method to conceal the egg. I demo the bag when I'm lecturing and there is always a great surprise on the faces of magicians when they hold the bag in their hand and cause the egg to release from its hiding spot. It is designed to make it easy to use. Bill shot footage for the instructional video and there is lots of info included. The main reason I created this version is a brown paper bag is more organic than a cloth bag, with the exception of Robert Baxt's. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

https://billabbottmagic.com/collections/......ilsworth
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
MTSTIC44................Sorry I haven't been back on the Café much, I'm in VA hospital, fighting cancer.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
No Mr. Oslund it is ok. Please keep fighting we need you here for wisdom and for your stories. I hope your doing ok under the circumstances. My prayers are with you.

Allen
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Thanks Allen!
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1590 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
We are all hoping that you get through this battle and get back to magic.You're one of a kind.
Tricky Ricky
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1590 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2004, nostrings wrote:
I have been digging through tarbell, Malini's stuff in various locations, I don't want to do jeff hobsons routine I know to many people who have copied it, the classic stuff I've been reading is all good but I'm really looking for someone who does a more modern egg bag routine? Any ideas

What kind of routine are you looking for? If it's for children, I may have one that you may like.
Tricky Ricky
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
[quote]On Apr 18, 2019, TrickyRicky wrote:
We are all hoping that you get through this battle and get back to magic.You're one of a kind.
Tricky Ricky [/quote

Thanks Ricky! I'm not accustomed to hospital beds! After 29 radiation treatments, I get to go home, nest Tuesday, We'll know in a few months, if they did what they are supposed to do.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
My routine uses a Sterling/Mardo bag, Mardo taught me his routine in 1951, I updated it a bit and have used it since then. It's ultra simple and plays for all ages. It's in my book.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2017, Rainboguy wrote:
For those who aren't familiar with or who have not seen his routine, here is a clip of Marin Lewis doing the Senor Mardo Egg Bag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiV64HDEN-k#t=6.7773018

B-E-A utiful! For those who don't remember (or never knew), Tannen's used to put a little magic booklet in the back of their catalogs! The Senor Mardo routine was in there and I tried doing it several times. The result was labored and contrived. THIS is a magical fluid piece of work.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I've used Mardo's basic routine since the early '50s. I wrote my own patter for it, and, it PLAYS! Mardo wrote it up in his book, "Routined Magic".
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1590 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Seems everyone is performing other magicians egg bag routines. It's been quite a while anyone except Jeff Hobson put together a real funny presentation for either adults or kids.
The egg bag has possibilities for some real funny situations for children and as Dick Oslund say's, It's all in the presentation.
For many years, I've used Luis Gavilando's routine which is a funny and entertaining one. About 25 years ago I finally came up with my own routine which is the one I do presently do.
Tricky Ricky
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8345 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ricky! It's always better when you are using your own sense of humor, than someone else's!!! My routine fits my personality!

Doc Tarbell's lines and presentation, are a hundred + years old! You'll learn the basic PRINCIIPLES, but, you'll need to add your personality! All you can buy in the magic shop is the PROP!
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2017, Pete Biro wrote:
I helped Ken Brooke write the Malini handling, but when I saw GAZZO do the bag he BAFFLED ME.

Magic history right here. I love reading Pete's posts still.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
dibble38
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of dibble38
Hello Friends-
Looking for a little information. In a description of Malini´s routine Ken Brooke´s (??), an ending is mentioned in which he just laid the egg on the bag in his open palm, dumped it into his other hand, tossed it and it vanishes. If you know the bag, it might be just a fold, but you can imagine a better way to do that with a little "kick". But I remember seeing, not too long ago, a routine in which the egg sort of APPEARS, or melts into view on the outside of the bag (yes, inside was outside). But I can´t for the life of me remember where. My fading memory says it was a trailer for a Penguin video, maybe Live Act series, and it was by no means the main dish on the video. But it was a lovely little sequence, and I would love to see it again, and get my hands on the product. Ring a bell to anyone?
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
772 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Martin Lewis makes the egg appear on the outside of the bag.... he uses a Mardo bag. It’s on the old Stevens dvd and also in his at the table lecture.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » I need egg bag info (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL