The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Comedy gimmick..!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
I want to buy some funny gimmick that can make people laugh.Can any one recommend me some?? Thank you.
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
Squeakers!

It's a little plastic thing you hold in your hand that squeaks...you just hold out a finger, touch something, and whatever you touch squeaks.

Sounds really simple, but it can be really funny.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I don't remember where I saw this but I have a sign that says "One More" and I ask the audience if they would like to see "One More". When they say "yes" I show them the sign and then do the last effect. Sounds hokey but has never failed to get a laugh.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
- mind power by stephen tucker is funny with good presentation (u press the spoon against ur forehead it bends, then suddenly it straightens itself...then it bends by itself with its head moving left n right! when you r over, you hand out everything for examination!

- precious metal by john zander, you take out a spoon wanting to bend it, you concentrate and it appears to bend, when you reveal it, it's a fork!

- quit smoking with david stone, it's funny, but doesn't envolve gimmicks and everytime a friend of mine takes out a ciggie to light it I just take it and perform! worth the practice!

hope this helps!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Pop up tie

if you wear one that is Smile

http://www.mindseyemagic.com/popuptie.php

Braco's floating ball

don't forget to mention your spectator what price you paid for it Smile
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Check out Outsmokin' By Ron Jaxon, a fellow Café` Member. Great value and a very funny bit!!!!!!!!
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Braco's floating ball

don't forget to mention your spectator what price you paid for it ....

That made me laugh...thank's
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
Quote:
On 2004-12-08 08:11, evanthx wrote:
Squeakers!

It's a little plastic thing you hold in your hand that squeaks...you just hold out a finger, touch something, and whatever you touch squeaks.

Sounds really simple, but it can be really funny.

He's right, audiences usually find them quite amusing plus they are very cheap, what more could you want? You can get a booklet on some of it's applications titled the art of public squeeking.
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
I'd like to know more about the Stephen Tucker trick, MInd Power. It sounds like it could be very funny and pretty amazing too. Is it a good effect? And where can you get it. (I believe Stephen Tucker lives in ENgland.)

Thanks,

Al
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Boat, I actually got it from http://www.magicshop.co.uk

No really!!
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
I saw Mind Power performed at a recent magic convention in London and it looked cool. Although used as a throwaway item, it certainly fooled us!

Gary
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I would suggest TAGGED by Shaun Farquhar at http://www.magichampion.com
Yours,

Ivan
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Make yourself a bouncing hank. Get a lacrosse ball, or a big solid rubber juggler's ball, and superglue the center of a bandana to it. Now just carry it in your pocket or leave it lying on the table, and at some point, pick it up & use it to wipe your brow, or clean something, then throw it on the ground, only to have it bounce right back up! This is a super-visual stunner which takes your audience totaly off-gaurd. It WILL get laughs, especially if you act confused & surprised at what the hanky just did.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Get two d'lites...can be funny!

for non gimmicked sponges and balls or earplugs (spelling) by sankey!
rising card , you can do some off beat routines...have a lady "seduce" the cards...her selected card starts to rise, the more she "seduces" it the more it will rise...careful though some persons might get offended!

No really!!
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
It depends if you want a trick in itself or a comedy prop .
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Comedy gimmick..!! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL