The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Need suggestions for new routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Hello, I'm new to the magic Café and would be interested in any suggestions you have for a new routine I am working on. The wierd part is, I have the music already selected but now need an act..lol. the music is very dramatic, therefore the routine needs to be very dramatic.

The music consists of two songs so the routine would last almost exactly 10 minutes. This is going to sound wierd but I'm looking at an alien theme,in which I would have a covered or partially covered face such as is done by Lance Burton and Jeff McBride.

I'm looking for effects that would fit into this style of stage magic, very dramatic, very strong, needs to fit the theme such as a superior being or alien that is visiting this planet and there must be a reason that the effect is being performed. I can probably work on that myself as long as I get some good idea's for effects. I do have some ideas already but am really interested in what some of you may be able to come up with.

Hope this doesn't sound to strange an act, I'm looking at it when I'm writing it, and it seems strage but in my head it seems beautiful and powerful. It's my destiny to pull this routine off. Any suggestions no matter how big or small will be appreciated, or send me an email.
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Many times, the music can come before the routine. So it doesn't sound weird. When thinking of doing an "alien" theme act, try to think of existing effects that could be re-themed.

In The Magic of Alan Wakeling book, there is a very impressive illusion called "Flutter Girl" that would blend right in to your routine without any changes or modifications. It is a space-age looking appearance of a person. You might also wish to look into the Eugene Poinc books, they have some interesting concepts in there which would also fit right in.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Sounds like you need some UFO's. Things like an Asrah or Zombie. Maybe throw in some D'Lites for affect? Or maybe not?
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Thanks for the suggestion M.. I will check into those. I know I'm going to have to make some of the illusions fit the theme, just wanted to see what suggestions I could get.

RJE, I was thinking some of the same things as well, thanks for confirming.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Whats your price limit. For about $20000 you could get clothiers alien abduction of

http://www.illusionprojects.com/main.htm

For cheaper option I would suggests tommie wonders zombie ball, and things that go bump in the night is currentlly on sale at magicauction.com for $1665
Asrah would be good.
Hope this helps.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Is Illusion Projects still in business. His site has been the same since it was created and the license is going to run out soon. There update section mention some new effect for 2003 and it is almost 2005, so talk about not keeping up with your site.

Has anyone ever delt with the company at all

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
The alien abduction looks outstanding. I can't find any information on Tommy Wonders Zombie Ball other than a DVD that says he talks about it. Is there something he does that is diffrent than a normal zombie routine?

by the way, for a Zombie, I am concidering a lighted one, does anyone know if this is already being made? Let me rephrase, I know there is a glowing zombie ball. What I'm' looking for is a ball with beams of light coming out of it. I may have to have that made.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Need suggestions for new routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL