The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Does anyone own Barry Mitchell's Ta-Da Table? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Does anyone own Barry Mitchell's Ta-Da Table? I have been looking at this for some time now and am considering buying one but would like an opinion from someone who has one first.

The problem I have is this....I have so much stuff that I take to a show that I fill my suitcase table full plus still have to carry in a few items. it looks like the Ta-Da table has a lot of shelves abnd may be just what I am looking for.

I need advice. What to do, what to do?
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of David French
Do you have a link to it?
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
915 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Click Here!

If that doesn't work, go to http://www.barrymitchell.com, click "What's New" on the left, then "Next Set" at the bottom of the page twice.

Jeff
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I just wanted to bring this back around. Still wondering if anyone is using this table?
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
Hey Todd,

Go to your local "Hobbie Lobby" store and find the section for scrapbooking they sell this same table (you ad a front cloth) for around $130 I got mine on sale for $70. SAME TABLE!!!! Good Luck. By the way I do like the table the ease of it is great.

Robert Jones
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Wow! This sounds great! Thanks so much for the tip. I am off to HOBBY LOBBY right now to see if they have them. I hope that they do!
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Guess what? He is right....the exact same thing is available at Hobby Lobby for only $129.99- all you have to do is provide your own cover and you are ready to go. I am going to remove some of the shelves as they are too close to each other. Once this is done, I will have an awesome new table that will pack small and open big. This thing rocks!
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
O.K. I have beem using the new table for about a week now and have taken it to about a dozen shows. Therefore, I had to comment on the thing again.

This by far beats anything out on the market today- seriously! When I was using my suitcase table it took me about 15 minutes to set my birthday show up. Now it takes less than 5 and this includes me doing a flying carpet and doves to rabbit.

It rocks! You simply unzip it and pull on the handle and your show is practically ready to go.
four elements
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of four elements
Todd75
It looks like you can not store items in the table. Do you load up on site? If so you save time? Do you carry another case with the props? Do you have any pictures of it "in action"?
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
No I do not load up on site! Everything is ready to go and resets itself after each show. Here is what I did....

There are 9 shelves in the table. I removed the top 3 and then every other one. I can hold an entire birthday show or school show in it. You have to see it and use it to believe it. If I would have known about this years ago, I would have never bought a Lefler table. Not that there is anything wrong with the Lefer table but this is so much lighter and it sets up instantly.
four elements
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of four elements
Amazing it sounds to good to be true. I have been thinking about replacing my suticase table. How hard was it to remove the shelves?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
How sturdy is it? Can you set a close-up table on top of it to perform something like the cups and balls?

The lefler table is perfect for this as it is very sturdy.
Also, how tall does it go up? What is the height?

So... can it take some abuse and kids leaning on it?
Or is it just a place to keep your stuff?

Thanks for the updates.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Removing the shelves is pretty easy. They are held in place with a rivet. Simply take a drill and they pop right out.

Here is what I currently keep in mine which is my entire birthday show.....

3 plastic storage tots for mouth coils, silks and sponge balls.
Various comedy wands (pop away, break away, bang, etc.)
Blooming Bouquet (large)
Silk Serende
Sketch-O-Magic
Dove Pan
Several large sponge items (banana, telephone, etc.)

I even have my Portable PA System for small shows. All of this and I still have a ton of room. Keep in mind that I am into packs small plays big. If you are one of those people that likes to spend 30 minutes setting up a show and doing square circles, die box, hand chopper, etc. this may not be for you. However, I love it because I am all about setting up and breaking down as quick as possible. This is ideal for me because on any given weekend I am doing 6-8 birthday parties.

My advice to anyone considering this: Remove any amounf of shelves that you need. You can actually hold large items in the table as well but you'll have to remove more shelves.

For $130.00 it is the best investment you'll ever make. The greatest thing about it is that it has a built in handle and wheels on the bottom so you can drag it right through the grass and up the steps. It also takes up very little room. I also take in a side table to work off of for larger props.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

I think they have the same thing at joanne's fabrics for under $100.

doesn't sound very sturdy but it does seem like a good place to put your stuff.

I have much bigger stuff. I don't think it would work out for me tho.
Maybe. I'll have a look-see.

Thanks for the info.
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Sure brag about the size of your stuff. Renaissance performers are always paddy their codpiece.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I was just at Hobby Lobby and they are now on sale for $79.99- get one while you can at this price. I now have 1 for school shows and 1 for birthday shows. This was I never have to repack. Awesome!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

So can someone speak to my questions about whether they are sturdy or flimsy?
Can one be used as a perfomrance table? Or just for prop storage?

Thanks,
Frank
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
The top can be used as a working platform but not for anything really big. It is sturdy and I use it all the time. You don't want to put anything heavy on it but yes, you can use it to work off of.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I just got one today at Hobby Lobby. It's a great table. Frank, it's not sturdy enough to be leaned on by kids but you can use the top as a performance platform. You can do cups and balls on it. But just as Todd said, anything heavy is not advisable.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Ok. I'll go check it out at the store and see how I like it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Does anyone own Barry Mitchell's Ta-Da Table? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL