The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Does anyone own Barry Mitchell's Ta-Da Table? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
So Frank did you check it out yet?
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I drove to joanne's but they did not have one on display. website only.
I don't want to buy one without seeing it first.

so the search goes on. I don't think hobby lobby is something
that exists around here.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Tyr Michael's....they have the exact same one for the same price.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Frank,

I am guessing htat there is a probably too much lateral movement based on the design. It looks intriging so I will check a few stores in my area. For those who found it at other locations, could you post what was the name it when buy at those other locations?

Thank You.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
I must be the biggest moron on the planet, I can not find it any where on line, does anyone have the mfg name or item number...

NUMS
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Mine looks like this but doesn't have multi color trays. The one I have has all black trays.

Todd, how did you take out the screws from the trays that you didn't find useful?
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Brian,

Those aren't the trays that are colored, that's the paper stored in the trays. Remember it's originally for storing paper and scrapbooking.

Steve Thomas
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I see. Sorry for that. Thanks for the clarification Steve.
ithomson
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of ithomson
I must be going mad, but ..

Are we saying that someone is marketing a magician's table, claiming it is exclusive to them, when in fact exactly the same thing is available from craft stores at a whopping $100 less ($160 less in a sale)?

Have I got the right idea here?

Ian
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Information is worth $..... I don't know how many cans of ROUGHING SPRAY I bought before I found out it was XXXXXXXXXXXX. The word "exclusive" might be a little hinky but otherwise.....

Jeff
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 09:45, ithomson wrote:
I must be going mad, but ..

Are we saying that someone is marketing a magician's table, claiming it is exclusive to them, when in fact exactly the same thing is available from craft stores at a whopping $100 less ($160 less in a sale)?

Have I got the right idea here?

Ian

I guess so. If you compare the Ta-Da table and Crop in Style photos you'll notice they're exactly the same. The only difference is that the Ta-Da table already has some trays removed and it comes with a cloth drape.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Exactly correct! For half price it's the same table without the cloth. I simply made my own cloth and removed the shelves I did not need by using a small drill to remove the rivets. The result is a fantastic table that is very lightweight and can hold an entire show in. I love mine!
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Thanks for the info on taking otu the rivets, Todd!
ithomson
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of ithomson
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 22:33, todd75 wrote:
Exactly correct! For half price it's the same table without the cloth. I simply made my own cloth and removed the shelves I did not need by using a small drill to remove the rivets. The result is a fantastic table that is very lightweight and can hold an entire show in. I love mine!

I'm sure it's a great table (though it's much more expensive over here in the UK). But I'm struggling with the ethics of selling it as an "exclusive item" to your colleagues at a much higher price than they can easily obtain it elsewhere.

Maybe that's just me.

Ian
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Ian,

Where can you get it in the UK?
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
ithomson
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of ithomson
James

http://www.craftypatch.co.uk/store/content_prod/1./100

I'll PM you with this, too.

Ian
petermagic
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of petermagic
Just wanted to put in my two cents. I purchased the table from my local Michael's Craft Superstore on a Boxng Day sale for $78.99 CDN on sale. I play with it a lot and measured extensively and, although I think the idea is great, it isn't really practical for the working performer.

1) The trays are really thin (they are designed to hold paper)
2) The trays are also relatively small. Again Only designed to fit paper.
3) There is no extra 'dump space' except the bottom where I'd need to store the next routine.
4) You can't close the unit unless everthing is packed down and stored bacause the shelf space gets shorter as the table is closed. At the end of my show I like to close the case to keep wandering hands out. I can't do that with this table.

On the good side, if most of the stuff you do is flat and plays/packs flat or if you are a vent, this is a great table.

If you are a regular kid show performer, stick to a table like the Lefler style.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
I think they can use the word exclusive as long as they are the only MAGIC shop selling it. As to the price, it is the age old issue, Supply and demand. They take a table they probably can't buy wholesale, add a fitted fabric drape(read= made) and then need to make some profit for their investment and storage and idea.

Seems fair to me.

Of course, if you are willing to do all the above work, the craft store is the way to go.

Kirk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Does anyone own Barry Mitchell's Ta-Da Table? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL