The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Re: Card Fictions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi,

I plan to purchase Pit Hartling's "Card Fictions", I am appreciate if someone can give me some valuable opinion about this book.

I think quite expensive which only has 7 routines and some essays. I do not have any idea about this book's effects?

Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of shahin
Its about quality, not quantity!!

there have been enough threads about this in the past, use the search engine.

S.-
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Andrew, seriously...why don't you use the search function AND slow down! You don't need all these books at once. You are inundating yourself with wayyy too much information. Take it one step at a time.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Andrew,

The material is very advanced. And I dare say it will be put to better use if you want to fry other magicians instead of laymen. Beacause we all know that it doesn't take the most advanced effects to make a strong impression on laymen.
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of shahin
Wrong, the material is not very advanced. The material varys from easy to more advanced. Some routines of course need strong communication skills inorder to keep up the entertainmentfactor, but they are in reach. Second, although the matrial can be used to fry other magicians,it was not put together to do so. Done correctly, all 7 routines will leave a lasting impression on lay audience.

S.-
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

None are "easy", all are great. I use two in my current repertoire when I perform card magic.
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of shahin
Well, from a technical point of view "Finger Flicker" and "Color Sense" are pretty easy and within reach in a short period of time. Very important,I am not talking about presentational nor communication skills.

S.-
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Quote:
On 2004-12-09 09:33, david_a_whitehead wrote:
Andrew, seriously...why don't you use the search function AND slow down! You don't need all these books at once. You are inundating yourself with wayyy too much information. Take it one step at a time.

David,

The problem is like this, you see, sometimes if I do not act fast of purchasing the books, when it's out of print or not available again, then I will miss that book. Smile - Worst of all, I can't even can get the book that I like so much in the future.

When comes to Auction time, the book rise so high if compare to my MALAYSIAN currecy with US Dollars, my currency is very high and it's not worth it that time for me to purchase the book which very expensive.

Another thing is in my country Malaysia, there are no magic shops in my hometown here. I also have to bear high costs of Shipping to order magic stuffs from US and UK. Smile

Best,
Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

I see where you're coming from having once lived abroad. Good luck with the search.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
I bought this book mainly for the first effct of it and I can confirm you that the first effect of this book is worth the price of it!
The book is beautiful and it contains essays that are very good!!!
Get it before it get sold completely!!
Pit Hartling is an incredible magician!!
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi qkeli,

Frankly speaking, is it Pit Hartling's book need knuckle-busting sleights to perform them?

Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh

www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Andrew, I just work on the first one and I can assure you it doesn't need any knuckle busting sleights!!!
Go for it !!!
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
Just BUY it!!!! Card fictions is sweeter than a gingerbread mans chocolate coated bits.

That's my professional opinion, by the way.

Liam.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Quote:
On 2004-12-13 18:32, montz wrote:
Just BUY it!!!! Card fictions is sweeter than a gingerbread mans chocolate coated bits.

That's my professional opinion, by the way.

Liam.

And one that I agree with...The book has no filler, just amazing magic!
~joeKing
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Re: Card Fictions (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL