The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Re: Walton's books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi,

The Complete Walton Vol. 1 & 2, are these books contain KILLER effects?

I know that these book do no require many heavily card sleights to perform the effects, but I do not have any idea about the effects in these books whether powerful or not?

I am appreciate and grateful if someone can give me some comments about these 2 Walton's books.

Thanks again!

Best Wishes,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
There are some killer effects in The Complete Walton vol. 1 & 2. I have loved playing with almost everything in there. Additionally, there's some great stuff if you want to fry your magician buddies.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
Walton tends to use passes, second deals and palming quite a lot, so to do his stuff well does require good technique. Walton was astounding. Although these books have an old feel about them (very minimal illustrations) they are packed with effects and are very cheap.
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Two of the best books on card magic ever written! Essential reading...

Euan Smile
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
These really are great books, especially at the price they are sold at!
Some great card material in here, some of which have been classified as modern classics. There is a wealth of material in both books, and your money will certainly be money well spent.
Owen
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Instant Interchange! You could win cars with this one.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
I'm not a very "card sleighty" sorta guy.

There are many excellent effects in those books, especially in volume 1, which are well within my capabilities.

And there are many effects which are beyond my capabilities.

And I don't regret buying the books.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
dai_vernon
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of dai_vernon
Where can I purchase these as they are on my list right now. I live in the US and can't find volume 1. If anyone can find a site where to buy number 1 I would be extremely appreciative.

Thanks for your time,

Eric
gilbert3
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of gilbert3
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I own The Devil's Playthings, Cardboard Charades, and Card Script in the original booklet form. Are the effects in the Complete Walton set that are not in those pamphlets worth buying the set for do you think? I do have a ton of card magic books especially Marlo. I'll never get to a lot of the material in this lifetime, let alone getting it to performance standard. So, are his ideas and approaches to magical thought worth buying these books to "osmose" his thought processes (if that's a word)?
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi folks,

Yes! I will try to get them soon! Smile

Best,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Further to my post above, despite the fact that I bought those books quite a few years ago, I'm still working my way through Volume Two, and in the last few weeks I've read a lot more of it and I'm nearing the end.

And I'd say that if you're not a very "card sleighty" guy, do buy Volume One and don't buy Volume Two. I've found many great effects that I will perform (several of which I already perform regularly) in Volume One. And, for me, only two effects in Volume Two.

But having said that, both books are a real pleasure to read, and an education. And the occasional humorous aside really makes me laugh.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
dan84
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of dan84
Roy Walton is an incredible thinker and the two book s are essential to any serious card magician
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
I thought they were out of print? where can one locate these?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Davenports in London. Roy Walton's shop in Glasgow.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-01-13 19:32, VBall wrote:
I thought they were out of print? where can one locate these?

Out of print does not necessarily mean unavailable. It just means that the publisher doesn't have any more copies. Some retailers still do.

http://www.magicbookshop.com still lists both volumes.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
I ordered from a store overseas and, two days after my order, my credit card was denied somewhere in England. I had never ordered anyting overseas before. It is conceivable that my card number was stolen during a different transaction, but I doubt it. I am not sure about how different internet security systems work, but I will not be ordering overseas again.
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
Thanks all, got it from Richard and can't wait till I get to go through them.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-01-17 20:40, therntier wrote:
I ordered from a store overseas and, two days after my order, my credit card was denied somewhere in England. I had never ordered anyting overseas before. It is conceivable that my card number was stolen during a different transaction, but I doubt it. I am not sure about how different internet security systems work, but I will not be ordering overseas again.

I do a lot of business overseas. I have had fewer problems with orders overseas than I have with orders here in the US. Quite often, a card, especially a Mastercard, will be denied if it is to an overseas company. Mastercard is somewhat capricious about denial of foreign transactions, and sometimes they will freeze your whole account because of a foreign transaction. That's Mastercard's problem, and not the overseas account's problem. All it takes is a phone call to the 800 number on the back of your card to straighten it out.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Re: Walton's books (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL