The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Selected Card on top of deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pharaoh
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh
The selected card is on top of the deck. Very little has been done to get it there and the spectator suspects nothing and believes it is lost in the deck.

What is to be done with it?

I particularly like card to wallet or possibly using Bill Goldman's 'One for the Money' effect.

Any other thoughts please? (And if giving names of effects please explain what the effect is).

Thanks
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
Could you be a little more vague?

LOL

Trini
Trini Montes
VReality
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of VReality
Paperclipped - Jay Sankey

Before the card is chosen, pull out a 'prediction' card that is folded and fastened with a paper clip, and lay it aside.

Before the card is returned to the deck, have the participant sign its face.

Then from the state you describe you direct attention to the clipped card. Unclip it, unfold it, so it can be seen that it is... the spectators signed card.

Careful though. This sort of thing causes brains to short circuit.

In my personal version, I like to have the 'prediction' card fastened in the clip on the cap of the pen used to sign the card, rather than a paperclip, since we'll be using the pen anyway.

Also, from the point you describe, I like to invite the participant to shuffle the deck and place it on the table, before moving on to the revelation. And on a related note, I prefer the card to be folded in sixths, rather than fourths, as in Jay's version.

- VR
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
All Card to "somewhere" are good. Just make sure the card is signed to best impact.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Pharaoh asked: "What is to be done with it?"

Personally, I like to reveal it in a suprising and entertaining manner, though sometimes I will just perform the "Jerry Seinfeld" card trick:
"Here's your card. You're an idiot!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Selected Card on top of deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL