The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » R.I.P Dimebag Daryl Abbott (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
This is definitely a sad day for me and fellow metalheads.

On the Net:

Gunman kills 4 at Ohio heavy metal show

http://www.damageplan.com

http://www.pantera.com
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
I just came here to post a topic like this and I saw this. I agree, it’s a sad day in the land of heavy metal. I don't know who in the right mind could do this; I think this person obviously had some problems. Rock has lost a great guitarist, and I'm sure many people have lost a great friend and or family member.

RIP Dimebag!

I’m also bummed I never got to see them in concert, and now a reunion tour is certainly off the radar.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
Yes, this is a sad day. R.I.P.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
A great loss. The shooter definitely showed A "Vulgar Display of Power."
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
What gets me mad is he was upset that the band broke up, but there was supposedly going to be a reunion in the works for February. Some fan.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Very sad tragedy. Sometimes it's impossible to know or explain why people do such foolish things. It will be interesting to see if any conclusive reasoning behind the shooters actions can ever be found.

Regan
Mister Mystery
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I'm not into the "Heavy Metal" sounds of today and I have never heard of this group or it's members but my heart goes out to everyone who was affected by this senseless act of violence. I remember the stunned feelings that I had the night that I was watching Monday night football and the bottom of the screen said that John Lennon was shot.
The world will probably never really know why this happened but this is a good argument for metal detectors and body/handbag searches at the door (something I really hate to go through).
Something is going on in society today and I don't believe it is just mass communications that is making us more aware of it. I see more "road rage" these days than I ever have so I know something is really wrong with our society these days, just not sure what it is.
God Bless all victims of violent crimes and hopefully we as a society can get a handle on this before it gets out of control. PEACE Brothers & Sisters Smile
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Daryl had a HUGE influence on my guitar style when I was about 19 years old or so. As soon as I heard Pantera, I dropped that baby down into open "D" and started overdriving my distortion.

That guy will surely be missed!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
One of my biggest inspirations when it came to my guitar playing, I can't believe this happened...

R.I.P. Dimebag, your music will continue to influence many in years to come.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
R.I.P. Dimebag. You were the best.

And to add to the pain, Motely Crue is reuniting. Smile
Pharaoh Nuff
View Profile
Regular user
Third stone from the sun
119 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh Nuff
Rock on Dimebag, in the great gig in the sky !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » R.I.P Dimebag Daryl Abbott (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL