The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Any News about the Coinvention DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
387 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
Did someone know any news about the Coinvention DVD?when they come? I know a lot of people, like me, have been waiting a long time. Hope I can buy it ASAP.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I got an email from Joe Givan who is working on it. It is coming out soon. My guess is 1st quarter next year.
Click to visit:
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
I think guessing when this will happen is an exercise is futility. It was supposed to come out soon, then sooner, then soonest. Danny Archer recently posted it was coming out after the LVMI DVD.

Let's face it, there is something either uncontrollable or unreliable about this process. I'd stop holding my breath if I were you.

Kirk
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Well my email with Joe Givan was on Dec. 6.

I had sent him an email to confirm that my contribution was going to be on the DVD. I needed to confirm this because I am putting the routine in my soon to be released Coinvanish 2 book, I wanted to make sure if it was on the DVD for proper referencing.

Joe did confirm that my contribution is on the Coinvention DVD, and he was apologizing for the delay in getting back to me. Part of Joe's email is this: "My problem was that I edited your explanation of it a thousand years ago, and couldn't remember what I specifically put on the LVMI set - we shot so much footage that was for both projects, but mixed together during filming. I am in the ending stages of the Coinvention DVD (man- it's hard trying to perform for a living, run a theatre, and be Mr. video shooter / editor / producer / director, and get it all done in a timely manner."

So there you have it - he says he is in the ending stages, and also insight as to why it is taking a while.

So contrary to Kirk's advice, I would say continue to hold your breath...
Click to visit:
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I can hold my breath for a minute or so. A year? or is it now two years?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
One year 3 months since the event thus far.
Click to visit:
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
So it could be anytime soon or another year and three months? I still say don't hold your breath. It will get here when it gets here, but don't anticipate soon.

That was the only point to my post and I think it is still valid.

Kirk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Any News about the Coinvention DVD? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL