The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » IIlusions for outdoor publicity show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi,

What illusions would you recommend for an outdoor publicity show?
Interlude perhaps?
many thanks
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Mac a few more details on performing conditions, the occasion etc would help to give ideas
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Well that's also open. Any situation - like a field perhaps. Just run with the idea of publicity!
Mark N ilsen
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mark N ilsen
Strait jackets always attract the attention of the media. In my opinion, they MUST be done hanging in order to garner publicity.

Also, a general rule I follow is to get as many high-profile people from the community involved as I reasonably can, as that is more likley to draw media attention. This is covered in detail in the "Money In Your Pocket" marketing program (one volume is "The Complete Publicity Stunt.")

The problem, however, is that in today's environment of "reality" television, people can see more risky situations on "Fear Factor" than most of the things I am willing to do! That's not to say a publicity event has to be risky, but that *is* one avenue to pursue that the media really responds to.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Try doing a Bullet catch if it is outdoors. I have seen it generate a lot of publicity.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I have Paul Osborne plans for a bullet catch!
Is it the same thing Penn & Teller did on WGM?

I never thought I'd want to do something like this but then again publicity is publicity!
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
I don't think it is the same but IMHO no need to go into major details. Just get a few celebs and do a simple s####h with the Bullet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » IIlusions for outdoor publicity show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL