We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Cane 101 DVD and Ultimate Cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
725 Posts

Profile of Winks
Nick,
I had no website listed nor any phone number on any packaging or anything else I got with the cane. All the 2 page instruction sheet says is Precision Magic, Inc The Best Magic On The Planet. There is no website, address, phone or anything else there. Thanks for letting me know about the weight - after I banged the cane upside down on the floor 4 or 5 times the weight came out - the twisted thread was holding it in. Sorry I annoyed you. It won't happen again.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Winks,
No problem. We are not annoyed as this is a problem that can happen to almost anyone. Maybe it will help others who might have the same problem.

magicman845,
That is a most excellent suggestion about locking the weight down.

Martin,
You have obviously taken the Dancing Cane DVD 101 seriously! I commend you for your knowledge.

Nick,
As to the type of gimmick to be used. I think it kind of depends on the venue your performing for.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Aha, I see!
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
I got instructions with the cane, but I had bought the DVD before and knew that it had info on how to re thread it, which I did, since you have to experiment with different lengths until you know which is most comfortable for you.

I own three different dancing canes and I like David's the best. He advanced the 'technology' of the canes with this design.

Rick
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
I see, I made my cane by myself and it's very solid and very light.
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Nick,
I am not throwing off on your cane but the Precision Magic Dancing Cane is just that Precision made with it's own thread system.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Oh, I see.
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Is that the best you can do?
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
What are you talking about?
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
What I meant was, tell us more about the type of gimmick that you use. Is it low light, does it have a good tensil strength, and which do you prefer, the GUTURMAN' or 'TALIANA?

See the Review by David Oliver in the April Issue of Genii Magazine. I would just like to thank Mr. Oliver personally for his kind words. Thank You!
respho
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
74 Posts

Profile of respho
I purchased a Precision dancing cane a few days ago.

Honestly, I wasn't aware of the positive reviews of the cane, I was just most interested in canes that have a one piece construction.

Could someone tell me the history of this cane. I believe it is only a recently released product. Thanks.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Your Cane and DVD are on the way, and I believe they will answer all your questions.
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Dave,

The Genii review was great. I think he emphasized what we all know here, you've taken the cane to the next level. There are some amazing moves in Cane 101 and the cane's manufacturing is second to none. I don't think any homemade canes can come close. As most you know, I do magic wooodworking with PMZZ. The group, (Tabby, Bob, Michael and Lucy), were just amazed at the quality of the cane.

High quality work, that is the PMZZ and the David Mann way. Smile

Keep up the good work.

Rick
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Ricker,
Thanks buddy for your kind words! Also I hear good things coming from your corner. Just wanted to wish you good luck
Magically
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2913 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Dmann, I haven't played with this in a while since I recently got a restaurant gig and had to abandon my stage for a while. But, I'm starting to work on this again. But I ran into another problem, the thread keeps breaking while I'm practicing. Am I using too thin of thread or is this something that happens naturally with using it? It breaks at least once every time I try to use it.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
David,
Is there a grommet where the gaffus comes out of the cane! If not there should be. Let me know by P.M.
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Dmann,

Is there any chance you will let us know your move when the Cane moves around the shoulder? And the second move after that?

Actually, I have a clue how it's done but what I do not know is the second move after the cane moves around the shoulder.
Should the cane just rotate?
Hengky

Sorry,

I DID NOT mean to ask the secrets here in public domain. Sorry I PM you Dmann..

Please ignore my comment above.....

I forgot this is the public domain place... not the secret sessions

Hengky
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Quote:
On 2005-02-01 10:10, magicman845 wrote:
This may be an added feature that David may want to consider in later releases of the cane, since it would not likely add much more to the cost of production. In the interim, a small spool of extra thread would be nice to overcome the frustrations of those who receive the cane in a tangled condition. Just a thought from a loyal fan.

Kent

Just extend the thread to length and tape in in place. One at the top and one above the hole. Problem solved, no sweat.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2913 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2005-07-21 23:26, Dmann wrote:
David,
Is there a grommet where the gaffus comes out of the cane! If not there should be. Let me know by P.M.

Oops! I knew that thing was there for something.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Actually, the move right after the over the shoulder move is: The cane is thrown between the two legs and vanishing from site!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Cane 101 DVD and Ultimate Cane (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL