The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Cane 101 DVD and Ultimate Cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
magician211
View Profile
New user
Key West, FL
63 Posts

Profile of magician211
I myself do the dancing cane. And I have David's it is the best. So I recommend it to anyone who wants a AWESOME cane. I've seen many magicians perform the dancing cane. And I myself live down by Gatlinburg and I visit the shop. I have seen David do his cane and he is the best I think. Now for some moves he does not teach on his DVD are actually very simple to figure out just watch the DVD and pay attention. The move I am working on right now is the between the legs move where it vanishes from site. Well that is just my 2 cents...
Christian
"Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination." Gene Wilder
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I have 6 dancing canes. I made 5 of them and each one cost me less then 3 dollars to make. Just a little spray paint and a wooden dowel (and a drill...) I could make the thing in about 3 hrs and save myself about 10-15 bucks!

DM
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
DM,
It has been mentioned before that you could simply buy a wooden dowel to make a dancing cane. However, If you haven't actually seen the Precision Magic version of the dancing cane, then you are truly missing out on the best product of it's kind.
David Mann
magician211
View Profile
New user
Key West, FL
63 Posts

Profile of magician211
I agree with David. It is the best Dancing Cane on the market and the best value it is a nice cane for its price which isn't to high!
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Thanks, for the kind words magician211. My work has never been about the money, but the love of our art.
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Hey David,

Christian went down to the SEAM 2005 convention and won the stage contest and it was ALL due to his dancing cane routine from your DVD. He used your cane, and you would have been proud! Thanks for all the help you give.

Scott Compton

PS: Magician211 is my son Christian in case you didn't recognize him by the picture.
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Congratulations Christian! I am proud to have him as one of my Dancing Cane Proteges and that he has done so well with it. I hope all have as much success with the Dancing Cane as Christian.
David J. Mann
Anubis
View Profile
New user
Kingsport, TN
68 Posts

Profile of Anubis
David, I was in your store about two weeks ago and saw your dancing cane. All I can say is: WOW. The workmanship is done very well. It just looks like a well-built cane, which it is. I didn't have enough money to buy it though. I was talking to the guy who was working and he suggested "Blistered." I love this trick and it's got some of the best reactions.

Thanks
"Is this your card?"

"No."
*throws deck*
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Anubis,
Thanks for the comments! I hope you enjoy the effects?
Dave
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hey All,
I received my Precision Dancing Cane in the mail today and it is AWESOME!!!!! Absolutely beautiful in appearence and I will be proud to perform with it in front of any audience! Do yourself a favor and buy this item today!
Tony
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Well, if you didn't get one of my superb dancing canes, boy are you going to regret it because we are sold out for the 4th Time! They will be available again 9-20-05. Sorry for any inconvience this may cause my brother magicians.
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Wow! Did I cut it close or what?!!?? LOL DMann is right. You truly are missing out on owning the finest Dancing Cane available (IMHO) if you don't have it. Ah well....time to go practice!
Tony
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
You got the very last of the 101 canes. Soon to be released the 201 Dancing Cane.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I just wanted to jump in to let everyone know that Chris Compton one of my personal interest protege's just took second place in the Juniors Division at the Columbus Magi-fest convention. Needless to say I am very Proud of him! I rest my case on the Dancing Cane that can be done longer than 15 seconds. Christians routine is 7 minutes long to the second.
magician211
View Profile
New user
Key West, FL
63 Posts

Profile of magician211
The 201 cane will be a hit! As I said above I really suggest this DVD and cane if your getting started and even a veteran. Thank you David for the kind words also!
Christian
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I came across Dmann's cane recently. When I took up the dancing cane 20 years ago, I actually used a Fantasio vanishing cane and gimmick which slid on and off the cane. I became very adept at using the thing but eventually abandoned it as it had no place in my act.

Today the cane still has no place in my act but felt compelled to comment on the quality of this cane after playing with one recently. Watching a friend of mine do his moves with this cane made for some great eye candy - the cane, not him. He's almost as good as Dmann! Hehehehe.

In a market flooded with poor quality junk magic or even good quality with little use or over promised results, this cane is far more than the great reviews and positive descriptions its received. I was amazed to find, like never forgetting how to ride a bicycle, how I took to, and executed dancing cane moves I hadn't touched in years. Man its been a long time and we flowed beautifully.

I was having serious thoughts of just running off with it. The only thing that kept me from "accidentally" hitting him over the head to give me a head start was that it was hollow aluminum and wouldn't want to damage the cane. But I found comfort in knowing I could just order one of my own. LOL.

Although I wont be using this in my act, I've decided to get one as it provides an outlet for my own timing, rhythm, and overall presentation of a stage effect, that keeps the performer on his toes. My own manipulation act is filled with similar effects requiring enormous complimentary moves between performer and objects manipulated. Good exercise in this case.

I've heard that the price is about to literally double, some hang-up with the Japanese and availability of aluminum (Good God! do we have to give 'em everything?!), it is still worth the money and then some.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Mr. Stewart,
Thanks for all your kind words. Better be careful, people may get the idea that you work for me. Ha! Ha!
Oh! The price is about to double, at least.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
If you were looking for one of my Dancing Canes, they will be available again around March 1st. The Price is now doubled.
magician211
View Profile
New user
Key West, FL
63 Posts

Profile of magician211
Even with the price the cane is still worth it! They are the best on the market. Very nice and elegant. Even if you think the price is high buy it you won't regret it!
Christian
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Just a short note to let everyone know that we will be shipping the 101 cane March 1st (give or take a day or two). This cane is 201 ready. If your not sure what that means then drop me an email and I will let you know how you can modify your 101 to a 201 cane.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Cane 101 DVD and Ultimate Cane (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL