The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Dave Campbell Legacy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi Trevor,

I agree with you, at that page 182 is missing!!!!! Smile

Does anyone feels that there should be some more information there???

Best,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi,

Maybe you try to look up on page 269, that page has some relation to the previous effect.

Best,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi

On checking the book, yes, there is text missing from the end of page 181. Enquire with the publisher (MacMillan) - he might issue an errata sheet.

Peter
Alternative Magic
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
There are a LOAD of mistakes in this book - NONE are problematic and can quickly be worked out.

Who on earth proof-read it?

But apart from that - THE best book I've ever bought!
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Quote:
On 2004-12-24 14:18, Markymark wrote:
It's just Paul Harris is so out there...

I think that comparisons between Dave and Paul Harris are unfair - on Dave. He was creating what are nowadays called "off the wall" magic before Harris was an itching in his father's pants.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Mr Harris' work and perform a lot of it on a regular basis, but I feel that this should be noted.

Best wishes

Peter
:)
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi,

Yeah! The effects are great and many of the effects are my favourites.

Especially the section where packet tricks and some special cards required in that section I would say there are really strong and enjoy to perform. Smile

Best,
Andrew Loh

www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Traveller is a fantastic tpacket trick. I had originally overlooked the packet trick part of the book. There are a few gems in the first part of the book, but most of these packet tricks are very good. I don't really like packet tricks, but some of these are too good not to do.

Trevor
syd_uk
View Profile
New user
London, UK
81 Posts

Profile of syd_uk
Four years down the line, I would just like to add my tuppence..

On a recommendation from the staff at International Magic (some bias there perhaps), I bought this book. I found that many of the effects were clever but wouldn't fit into with personal style. So in a few cases, I have adapted the effects (primarily the patter) with great success.

'The Traveller' is easily my favourite effect from the book. But I do not do the trick using the Ace of Spades. I usually use a card selected [forced] from the deck. This way, the transposition seems all the more impossible. It also makes the routine seem less like a packet trick.

I have also performed this at my local magic society and because I was performing for a small group, I wanted to weave a story into my routine. So I decided to use the Joker as the 'hero' of the tale.

I've been toying with handling to reverse the transposition - perhaps using a 'WOW' gimmick - but this might be stretching the effect too far(?).

Has anyone else toyed with this trick and, if so, what ideas have you come up with?

Syd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Dave Campbell Legacy (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL