The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to Egg- video source? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1653 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I performed a show last week on stage with about 300 in the audience.

Stage was fairly high & wide -I performed the Silk to egg (Viking Resin Egg) to the above routine I mentioned-I was at the front of the stage.

The effect worked really well-everyone could see fine -they must see the egg break-hold your hands high as you do this then pick up Glass container & show as well etc.

Effect works really well on stage-As Bill mentions above, use 18" silks-Diamond cut are fine.

Give it a go-Don't do this effect too fast and make sure the audience sees all movements for best effect etc.
Aptaker
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
113 Posts

Profile of Aptaker
I perform this effect and while I cannot give the name of the inventor of the mehtod (I learned it from a fellow magician) it is a great magician. I have some video of myself performing it somewhere or other but knowing other mehtods this is great! Of course real eggs are used, there is no cover in the switch like in most routines and the "black hole" which can look very fake if the audience is made to believe that the interior is still black with a silk in it is actually a red tip of the silk. It is much cleaner than the other versions I've seen.
Thanks,
Aaron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to Egg- video source? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL