The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Gross Out Anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Say, anybody here a fan of the Fear Factor television show? Or do you all find it TOO gross?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Lately it's been on every evening as shorter episodes so I've started to watch it a few times.

Seriously it makes me want to be on one of those shows!

Speeding cars, heights, underwater events... Yup, I'd have no fear. Hee Hee. Oh but the food part. Ohmphhhh nope, couldn't do it! I can't even watch others doing it and have to look away. It's just too gross!
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
Eh, I'm a fan I guess. I don't think it's to gross, but I could never imagine myself on the show. I'd be to grossed out with some of the things they have to do.
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
The food part has actually made me gag and leave the room. It was watching someone drink a "milkshake" made of pureed cow liver that did it, I think.]

Ugh...even remembering it makes me wretch.
DVA
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of DVA
It is a sophomoric show aimed at the lowest common denominator in our society. I think they should do an episode where the host and the execs who decided to air it have to perform all the stunts they make the contestants do. The winner gets to keep his job.

It saddens me that this thing is a hit. When there is other such quality programs such as:

"The Biggest Loser"
how many times can they come up with a euphamism for weight loss in an hour? I think it is a good premise, getting people together and showing them and the country what it takes to become healthy, but to do it as a reality game show where people are sent home?! Bad Form!
What about...

"Growing up Gotti"
or "Hey I'm an ugly. whiny B**** with spoiled kids my only claim to fame is my loser dad who died in jail"

Fianlly there is the hugely popular and brand new

"Giligans Island"
I have no other comments to make, this piece of poo stinks for itself

What has our society become when these shows are entertainment?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-12-12 09:25, daffydoug wrote:
Say, anybody here a fan of the Fear Factor television show? Or do you all find it TOO gross?

I hate Fear Factor and I hate Scare Tactics. My youngest loves Fear Factor and my oldest loves Scare Tactics! Go figure!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
[quote]On 2004-12-13 10:35, DVA wrote:
It is a sophomoric show aimed at the lowest common denominator in our society. I think they should do an episode where the host and the execs who decided to air it have to perform all the stunts they make the contestants do. The winner gets to keep his job.

It saddens me that this thing is a hit. When there is other such quality programs such as:

"The Biggest Loser"
how many times can they come up with a euphamism for weight loss in an hour? I think it is a good premise, getting people together and showing them and the country what it takes to become healthy, but to do it as a reality game show where people are sent home?! Bad Form!
What about...

"Growing up Gotti"
or "Hey I'm an ugly. whiny B**** with spoiled kids my only claim to fame is my loser dad who died in jail"

Fianlly there is the hugely popular and brand new

"Giligans Island"
I have no other comments to make, this piece of poo stinks for itself

[/end quote]
Yeah, but it did give us a "Mary Ann" who looked really hot in cut offs and plaid shirt! What else do we need in life?

Quote:
What has our society become when these shows are entertainment?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I couldn't do it, I'm a vegitarian
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I wonder if the people who win Fear factor have to end up spending it on medical bills when they get some strange disease form the bugs and maggots they have consumed?

That would make it worth not even considering being a contestant.

I could probably get through the physical stunts, but the part about consuming something sick, well,... not for ten million dollars. No amount of money is worth eating maggots or roaches.

Still, I enjoy watching the show. It is just amazing to me how people allow themselves to be degraded and humiliated for money. It's below human dignity. That's why I get such a perverse kick out of it.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I once took a test related to fear. The results stated either I was a liar, or I better get good insurance because I didn't have any fear.

As for gross... reaction to what one eats is "all in the head". There are cultures that eat a lot of this stuff normally.

Your stomach has such a concentration of acid, it could eat through a floor with ease. Maggots are rich in protein, roaches have another essential vitamim for survival.

Lets look at what we eat daily Eggs: Cooked embroy of an unborn chicken and that white string floating in it is the male (rooster) contribution to fertilization. Opps, no more egg eaters.

The brown/green stuff in crabs is their excreatment. The red stuff in meat is blood, Opps no more meat or crab eaters.

Cereal, has tons of bugs in it crushed up, did you know there is an allowable percentage of this in the cereal we eat?

Do you know how milk is made, Capoon is baby roosters, poor creature, ...

The point is simple, it a matter of how you look and think at what you eat.

PS, I tried out for Survival the second year it was on. Last week, I just tried out for the Biggest Loser 2 (Philadelphia), boy did I look thin amoung the 1,000 or so fatsos in that line. Want to look thin, stand in that line!
Dennis Michael
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
Quote:
On 2004-12-13 18:51, DenDowhy wrote:
Lets look at what we eat daily Eggs: Cooked embroy of an unborn chicken and that white string floating in it is the male (rooster) contribution to fertilization. Opps, no more egg eaters.

You've certainly made your point, but, as a great fan of poached eggs, I do want to correct this one small point--most of the eggs we eat are from hens that have been nowhere near a rooster; the eggs are unfertilized.

Bon apetit!
DVA
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of DVA
Quote:
Yeah, but it did give us a "Mary Ann" who looked really hot in cut offs and plaid shirt! What else do we need in life?

Touche'

I would say in addition to those cutoffs, a cold beer perhaps?
blwrjw
View Profile
Regular user
The Top of the Mountains
177 Posts

Profile of blwrjw
Heard a lot about Fear Factor at work. Never seen it, though (I watch maybe 3-4 hours of TV per *year*).
When I first heard people talking about it, it sounded like it might be fun to be on it. Sure for the money, but also because I really like the philosophy of "Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger." From what I've heard though, the "food" parts of the show have become the main thing and it's becoming endless variations on a theme. So I don't think it'd be worth the travel time anymore. Well, the money would still be cool, but the fun seems to have faded a lot.

Never heard of Scare Tactics.

Oh, and as to creepy things to eat that are part of a "normal" diet... Yogurt is still alive when eaten. And honey is actually bee vomit. And, yes I eat 'em both (and eggs, and some other creepy stuff).

Barry
...before you go rushing off to show your friends a new field of miracles, you should get well acquainted with tools of the trade.
-- Tony Corinda

One can never have enough socks...
-- Albus Dumbledore
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ummmm. Crab excrement! Yumbo!

Mommy,what's for dinner tonight?

Last night on fear factor this fellow had to eat five live dragon flies. needless to say the dragonflies put on quite a fluttering show before entering his facial orifice.

The man himself put on a great show as far as making some WILD faces. I almost split my sides laughing.

As I said, I'm perverse. It's my only real vice, however. (I'm allowed one)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Gross Out Anyone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL