The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Ceiling advertisement idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Maybe someone can help me out here. In a bar/restaurant in my home town they sell advertisement space on there ceiling. It's a pretty neat idea actually. you can have your business card (Or what ever design you want) printed on one of the ceiling tiles like a mini bilboard.

Anyway, I have my business card printed up there now. I was looking at it the other day and an idea hit me.

I could by another space and have instructions on it. Make it so they fallow the instructions and end up on the tile that contains my business card. Kind of like the "touch the screen" things Max Maven did on the magic specials.

I remember reading about a T-shirt on the market that works like this. Where they "Find the worlds greatest magician" and they end up on your signature.

I don't know to many of these things. I'd lik eto make it work with a minumum number of squares needed. For example one with the instructions and one with my ad on it.

If anyone knows how I could go about doing this or could pouint me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
463 Posts

Profile of rgranville
The short answer to your question is that you want to look into graph theory.

Now I'll give you some things to think about before you buy that second ceiling tile. You're talking about having a tile on the ceiling with instructions. If there are more than one step in your instructions, people will have to go from their "current tile" back to your instructions tile and then back to their current tile to make a move. Will they get lost, in either which instruction they're on or where their current tile is? This sort of thing works for Maven on television because the instructions are spoken, so there's no "leaving" the current square to see what the next step is. And through the miracle of television, eliminated squares are simply removed from your screen. That is, the effect is carefully managed so spectators can't get lost or confused. You won't have that luxury in your situation.

:pepper:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Ceiling advertisement idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL