The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Palming Resources (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

metwin1
View Profile
New user
Singapore
60 Posts

Profile of metwin1
There's a similar thread in the pasteboard section, but I thought I'd post it here.

I have huge problems with palming. Perhaps it's due to the lack of practice, but I suspect that my problem is mostly psychological, with some physiological cause.

What I'm trying to say is that my hands are too small. Really. Or at the very least, I think my hands are too small. The span of my hand from my pinky to my index finger is about 3 to 4 mm shorter than the width of a deck of poker cards, which means that there is no way for me to place a poker card in my hand without the card sticking out somehow.

Does it mean I can't palm? What resources can I use?
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Check out Michael Close he has materials on power palming. There are other palms as well like the gamblers cop wich is effective. I also see no problem in using bridge sized decks. Jerry Andrus as well as Paul Potassy who I know personally swears by bridge size decks.

Peace,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Also try J B Bobos modern coin magic
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I'll second Mike Close's Power of Palming. I found it very helpful and clear cut in it's teaching.

Richard
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
There are plenty of famous magicians with small hands. It's a matter of practice and adjusting angles to suit your hands. I'm sure that Mike Close's Power of Plaming will help build your confidence.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Palming Resources (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL