The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Eugene Burger's Candle Animation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Greetings All,

I have been working on the candle animation that Eugene Burger describes on his Spirit Magic video from Stevens. The animation is working just fine, and I have the appropriate secret items. I have been using a birthday candle, as he does on the video. In practice, I am using a brown glass bottle that once held vanilla extract. This bottle is not optimal for two reasons: it is a bit too tall (I could get around that with a larger candle) and the neck isn't really narrow enough. On the video Eugene Burger has a terrific reproduction of an antique bottle with a narrow neck only slightly larger inside than the candle. The bottle is only slightly taller than the candle, which is perfect, and is made of brown glass, which is much better than clear. He says where he got it (Chicago Historical Society gift shop), but also mentions that these are now hard to come by.

For a birthday candle the bottle would be about 3 inches tall, ideally with a long neck, and the inside diameter of the neck should be not much bigger than the candle, maybe 1/4 inch. Brown or blue glass would be perfect.

I have poked around on the web, including eBay, without much success. Does anyone here have any ideas on how to find a good small bottle for this effect? Anyone doing this effect?

Yours,

Paul
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I have seen many bottles that LOOK like they would work for this one, in the local Michael's craft store, look in the area near the fake flowers, and seashells, don;t know why they are there except maybe sand sculpture bottles or some such, but they are out there. Now grant you many of them are clear, but use that artificial stain glass paint and you can have it whatever color you want, they usually run about 99 cents each. If I recall, Eugene said he had a bit of a toss between the slightly larger neck to avoid the flame licking the edge of the neck....
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
JudgeBean
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of JudgeBean
I found the perfect little bottle from the container store.
they have a web site as well.
http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Pro......ID=64221

and
some are not listed on the web site you have to go to the nearest store to see.

good hunting

Judge Bean
Mystery
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Mystery
Do you use IT or the stuff that Eugene recommends ?
Let your dreams tear apart your life, before your life tears apart your dreams...
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Mystery,

EB recommends the stuff from Esoteric from Stevens. I'm not sure exactly what that is. I'm using a spare length of K that came with my Stealth Retractor from Kennedy. It's very strong, and in seance room light with brown glass it will be just fine.

Judge Bean and kaytracy,

Thanks!

Yours,

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Eugene Burger's Candle Animation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL