The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What introductions do you hate/love? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
597 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Quote:
On 2004-12-14 19:02, Frank Tougas wrote:
... right before my performance they had a special announcement of a death of one of the residents at the group home.

Young adults in shock, weeping and wailing, people locked in emotional embraces and then,..."Now for some entertainment here is Frank the magician."

AS the scarcrow in the Wizard of Oz sang

"If they only had a brain"
Mike Robbins
View Profile
Elite user
Anchorage, Alaska
447 Posts

Profile of Mike Robbins
Quote:
On 2004-12-14 19:37, magicgeorge wrote:
The worse one I had was about half a year ago. <snip> then on several occasions the DJ saw fit to insert his own jokes (with his mike) into my show!! George

I had that happen once as well and he also started playing little sound bits that he thought were funny as well.
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Shakespeare
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
The "death" thing happened to me last Christmas. The company President was thanking everyone for comming, talked aobut how they were such a great "family", and how nice it was to be together for the holidiays .... except for one.

Then it came, the whole story anout the dead guy. ... right before my show!
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1678 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
If I cant do my own Intro-I supply the MC with a written intro-small & straight to the point

Funny thing happened 6 months back after we started a show-full hall 450 people & for some reason our Mike comments during the Hypnosis part of the show was picked up by a MC Introducing band playing in a pub across the road-so all there audience could hear was -your so relaxed-feeling sleepy etc-before the band even statred!!!!!

When I was doing childrens shows years ago -Young & inexperienced-Dont do them any more!

Pet hate was MC introducing the magician was going to show you some "tricks"-come & sit as close as poss to the front & all the parents will be out the back drinking tea& coffee etc

Have a great Xmas Everyone
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Worst introduction I ever got:

"ummm....now we have nick.....he's going to talk to you for a few minutes....mmmm.....................(5 second pause then to me)...well? are you coming on or not?"

and he walked off stage.
x303
View Profile
New user
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada.
74 Posts

Profile of x303
This is a great topic!
Could anyone share some examples of professional intros?
:)

Bob
x303@sympatico.ca
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Bob:

That really depends upon who you are and what character you are trying to portray on stage and to what market audience you are trying to reach.

No matter what audience or character you are trying to portray, you want your intro to be short and sweet but also get the audience excited, get them having fun and get them geared up and relaxed before you make your intro or do your first number.

It also helps to serve as a means to give you some credibility before you come on and also helps break down the barrier that always exists between you and the audience and does so early on in the show.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1678 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Bob-

Kyle is right

Try & get a little bit of credibility & break down that barrier between you & the audience

At our shows we have a 1 min overture music-Haunting & mystical as lights go down
with 15 sec left of this we announce our own Intro
Mentioning entertainer-not Magician!
A couple of comments about recent appearances-TV, etc & recently returned from Europe, Magic organisations we belong to etc

Big round applause etc for..........

Music changes to opening effect- Lights , Spots on, curtains open if any!-we hit stage during applause still-performing first effect to music

This works -Stage, Club,Cabaret etc

Audience at least have a small idea as to who you are etc!!!!!!

We have loads of fun doing this-It changes every show!!!!!
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
581 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Worst one I had was a scout leader who told the first and second grade Tiger Cubs to try to figure out how I did all my tricks and then invite me out. They were murder from then on out. I did my Axtell Vern routine and I knew I was doomed when I heard 30 Tiger cubs chanting in unison, "Make him fly. Make him fly". Luckily I knew that the scouts use the 'peace' sign to call for quiet and order. So I used it and regained control. If they hadn't been scouts that might not have worked.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Stop talking about yourselves and get Doug Higley to create and intro for you! Stop being cheap!
http://www.lionpointstudios.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What introductions do you hate/love? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL