The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Please suggest suitable methods... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
oxygen
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
186 Posts

Profile of oxygen
Done Gary, I pm'd you an idea.
I couldn't explain it without exposing it, so sorry for not puting it on the forum.
Hope you'll find something to do with it.

BTW, I really love Richard Osterlind's idea, as ever with him, it is really entertaining!
nichols_me
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of nichols_me
Gary I have just sent you a possible solution via pm, if you don't think it exposes too much (i think its kinda boarderline) post feel free to post it up here for discussion

Mark
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
How about double sided boxes, your gift is a gift certificate for a thousand dollars. Can't say much more without giving out too much method but sure you can figure out where I am going with this.

Another idea would to fairly let them distribute their gifts with one empty chair for you. When they are done, they open their gifts, you pick up the gift on your chair and use the chair switch.

Their gifts are all goofy gifts and yours is a good one.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Harry Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
128 Posts

Profile of Harry Lucas
Given this is the last thing you will do, how about this idea: instead of having a "better = more expensive" gift in your last box, you would find a letter/postcard, which reads something like: by now, everyone helping should have a present in their hands.
The gift you left me with is more than this card. You gave me your precious time on this very special evening I will remember for a long time. Thank you.

Harry
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Check out andy Nyman's Diceman routine. Alter it as such:

Have 8 cards numbered 1 to 8. Spectator's choose which card they want you to have. You turn it over (or they can turn it over)and it has a drawing of a present in a gold box. They each choose a card for themselves, turn them over showing red boxes, blue boxes, green boxes, etc.

They open corresponding colored presents. You open the gold one.

Yours is the good gift, theirs are whatever you want.

- entity
DYL
View Profile
New user
Sheffield, UK
73 Posts

Profile of DYL
I really like that idea entity, has a nice feel to it.

Gary, knowing were you work, I'm guessing you need something pretty good, as the people you will be dining with will know most techniques.
Dark Thought 13
View Profile
Regular user
Washington D.C.
122 Posts

Profile of Dark Thought 13
I hope for Gods sake Gary you have a solution there? You have just had a huge response with dozens of methods, each and everyone of them would work with a little planning.. To be honest it seems a little late to be working on a new closer?

I'd be interested to know how it went?
"I love the one with the plastic thumb!"
Someone who has seen a s*** magician
Pharaoh Nuff
View Profile
Regular user
Third stone from the sun
119 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh Nuff
Maybe you could load the expensive gift into whatever box you are left with.
Or make a switch of some kind.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Hi guys,

Thanks a LOT for your input and sorry for not replying sooner.

I actually chose to perform my version of Final Flashback as I know it well.

I am still, however, working on the plot outlined above. I'd like to thank Marc Spelmann for the inspiration to work on this routine.

I think that I will most probably use Max Mavens idea from Videomind. Its simplicity is lovely and makes everything SEEM fair.

Again thanks for your input, it's all much appreciated!

Gary
Sirus666
View Profile
New user
Prague
17 Posts

Profile of Sirus666
GIFTED by Paul Green found in Syzygy based on Tony Griffiths - Penny Move. If my memory is correct...

The method plays on so many different levels. Well worth reading up on and playing with.

Sirus
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Thanks Sirus!

This also appears on one of the "Best of" series from Lee Earle. "Gifted" is a killer!

Regards,

Paul Green
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Please suggest suitable methods... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL