The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Peter McCahon 1965-2004 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

darrylrose
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of darrylrose
Sadly I must report that Peter McCahon died at 2.00am this morning (15th) of a heart attack, he had been admitted into hospital on the 10th of December with having had "not quite a heart attack".
He will be sadly missed, and as a member of The Magic Circle this big guy will leave a big hole in many of our hearts. RIP

Darryl
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
This is such sad news. Peter was a great guy, with a wealth of knowledge and a realy big heart. I don't know what else to say. Peter you will be dearly missed, but we will see you again one day.

Our condolences,
Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Don Randini
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Don Randini
He was a great person and will be missed for sure!

Don
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
We will miss you dearly Pete.

From all in the UKEA.
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
I'm sorry and saddened to hear the news of Pete. Wasn't he also the president of the UK FCM?

Clyde
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ditto. I wish he was still here. I guess it goes to show evreyone that we can go at any time etc.
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
I'm sorry to hear the news. What a sad day.

James.
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
My only experience with Pete was at the Fellowship of Christian Magician's Convention. He was so VERY funny and creative. For anyone who may not know much about him here is his website:

http://www.mccahon.co.uk/

Clyde
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Makes us all remember how important life really is so now there is another link in our chain broken.
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
Im very sorry, and we will rember him forever.
Kyle
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
915 Posts

Profile of Riley
Pete rang me a few weeks ago for a chat. We were going to meet up for an evening for a drink and a chat. At the time, I was feeling not too well with the 'flu, so we decided nearer Christmas would be a good time to meet.

Pete, you'll be sadly missed. We'll have that drink together one day!

In the meantime, Pete will be "having a drink with David DeVal"!

David loved Pete's act.

Riley
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Pete was a wonderful man and will be missed by us all.
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
I am deeply saddened. Pete was a good friend and mentor in escapology.

The Fellowship of Christian Magicians UK, of which I am a member, is mourning the loss of its President.

God bless you, Pete, you will be missed.

Robin
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I was shocked when I got the email on Pete's passing, it is indeed a VERY sad day.

There was an old short lived publication by Duane Laflin called Seeing Truth Pete was featured either in issue 1 or 2, he was a true man.

I only met him once at an FCM convention. After a lecture in the main hall people cleared out for the nightly convetion meeting and as we filtered in there was a girl sleeping on a chair right in the middle of the room (must have been a boring lecture) all I remember is Pete walking up to her and yelling Someone get me a glass of water, we'll fix this situation, the girl woke up Smile.

That night I had a brief chance to listen to him go on and on about the internet (which was still new at the time) he was even kind enough to stay for the Late, Late Show and watch my first peer performance.

I tell these not out of vanity but to help me remember a man I always looked up to even though I did not know him well.

RIP Pete, we know where you are.

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
Pete's funeral is to take place on Friday 24th December
There will be a burial at Kingston Cemetery in Bonner Hill Road Kingston upon Thames at 11am.

This will be followed by a thanksgiving service at 12 Noon in New Maldon Baptist Church.

The funeral directors are Alan Greenwood and Sons. 119 London Road. Kingston upon Thames. KT2 6NH. Telephone 0208 5463960

Folks wishing to send floral tributes, should send them to the undertakers who will accept them up until 9.30am on 24th December

The family have asked that dress is anything but black. As we know Pete was a very colourful person.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
915 Posts

Profile of Riley
Today we said goodbye to Peter. There were many representatives from the Magic Circle and UK Escape Artists, the FCM, Oasis and other groups - literally a few hundred people arrived for the burial, and the inspiring Thanksgiving Service which followed. Afterwards, there was time for memories and conversation over refreshments in the church hall.

Peter was well loved and respected, and his funeral was a fitting tribute to the man.

RIP Pete.

Riley
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Sounds like there will be another funeral in the UK soon. and also another one here in the states soon.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I was just about to go on stage to perform the metamorphosis effect when Weasel phoned me with the news. I was literally waiting backstage for my queue. His sudden parting was all that was on my mind as I climbed the stage left steps just a few minutes later.

I am sorry to say that I could not make it to the funeral on the 24th. I had a show that evening and had no transport to get me from the church to the theatre.

Hopefully the flowers I sent arrived, and my message was well recieved. RIP Peter.

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
David Very Nice of You. and how did your Performance Go ?
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
As I look forward into the new year I can't help but reflect on the past. My mind keeps returning to Peter's performances at the FCM conventions. The one thing that really stands out about his performances was the tremendous play he got from fairly simple illusions. I suspect his trip across the ocean limited the size and number of props he could bring yet his tricks always seemed to play LARGE before an audience that was hanging on his every word and action. It was nothing to see him perform only one trick in a 15-20 minute performance yet you were left entertained, amazed and hungry for more. I remember reminding myself to take from him the lesson that more is not always better. Rather, better is best. In other words, he didn't do large, complex nor great numbers of tricks. Instead he milked every ounce of entertainment value from each trick- an art in and of itself.

...just a reflective note filled with appreciation for a very talented man.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Peter McCahon 1965-2004 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL